PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian President Getting A G550

GULF69
3rd Nov 2009, 12:43
I heard today from someone in the know that the Nigerian President will be getting a G550 next year... they plan on getting rid of the G-IV, so will have:

1 x Gulfstream 550
1 x Gulfstream V
2 x Falcon 900

too much money to spend from e-mail scams me thinks....

jboz
3rd Nov 2009, 16:17
Do not forget the HS 125 and the BBJ. What are you saying? Is the American Government fraudulent for having Airfroce one? It is soo big and expensive:}

Nigeria is the giant of Africa. Just like in other countries they need efficient transportation for their government officials. Plus the Nigerian Presidential fleet supports a lot of west African presidencies. Well done NIGERIA!!!!

eagleflier
3rd Nov 2009, 18:17
Nigeria is the giant of Africa.

Not anymore

This statement would have been correct in the 20th century.

Me thinks your statement is no longer correct:O

jboz
3rd Nov 2009, 18:36
I wish Nigerians would travel more around Africa. Maybe then they would realize the respect Nigeria enjoys in Africa especially West Africa. The region would not have been able to sustain high level of democracy and peace it enjoys now. Name an African country that has committed as many peace keepers as Nigeria to the AU. We have our problems but we will overcome it we strive together and stop putting Nigeria down. Nigeria is GREAT AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE.

eagleflier
3rd Nov 2009, 19:00
Jboz, I get your point.
I have lived in 2 other African countries and had short stints in about 4 others.

A lot of W. African countries depend on Nigeria for a host of things; electricity and security to name a few. I guess the phrase "Giant of Africa" was coined in the 80s (correct me if I'm wrong) but the reasons we were called that probably no longer exist.

This country is ruled by vagabonds in power in all levels of government,cabals are allowed to operate freely, we do not have a credible democracy, our past elections heve been largely fraudulent, no part of the country has constant electricity and or constant water, our so called National carrier is in trouble; the list goes on.:yuk:

My point is that my beloved country has been allowed to degenerate over the years and to continue to call it the giant of Africa blindly might be delusional.

My 2pence worth

eagleflier
3rd Nov 2009, 19:07
i forgot to add:

The Nigerian education sector is in shambles which is why there are over a million Nigerian students in Ghanaian universities.:eek:

I really hope and pray that my generation does better for this country cos the present generation has failed us.

:ok:NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN:ok:

jboz
3rd Nov 2009, 21:34
As much as i hate to admit it you are so right. Just wishful thinking. Wishing all the VN boys and girls good luck.