PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Gatwick - Las Vegas

Iain Wilson
3rd Nov 2009, 11:42
Hi everyone
Mods - sorry if this is the wrong forum, but can I ask any of the Virgin Cabin crew if this flight is on a B747 -400 or an Airbus A340? Going there June next year.
Thanks in advance
Iain

spannersatcx
4th Nov 2009, 17:14
No VS 340's operate out of LGW only LHR.

Iain Wilson
5th Nov 2009, 11:58
Cheers Spannersatcx!
Iain

Thedonkeycentrehalf
8th Nov 2009, 18:34
Also worth noting that the LGW fleet doesn't have the latest toys when it comes to IFE. If you are unlucky you get the joys of Nova which is a bit like having terrestrial TV when everyone else has satellite. The only advantage of Nova is that it is so basic it is seems less prone to failure than the V-Port system used on other VS flights out of LGW.

Leezyjet
9th Nov 2009, 18:16
The only advantage of Nova is that it is so basic it is seems less prone to failure than the V-Port system used on other VS flights out of LGW.

Non of the VS LGW based a/c have V:Port, they either have Nova (5 Alitalia built frames) or Odyssey on the EX-LHR birds. V:Port is only on the current LHR birds, one of which is now at LGW and only operates the BGI over the winter when demand for Upper Class is higher.

V:Port is also much more reliable than it used to be when it was a very new system. On the last 6 flights I've had with V:port, only had 1 minor issue that was sorted after 10 mins when the crew re-set my system.

:)

Thedonkeycentrehalf
9th Nov 2009, 22:17
Thanks for correcting my error. I realised this as soon as I posted but couldn't edit it at the time and this is the first time back.