PDA

View Full Version : Australian Flying magazine

Orion Delta
3rd Nov 2009, 09:01
has anyone here got the latest "Australian Flying" magazine? i can't wait to get my hands on it

Peter Fanelli
3rd Nov 2009, 09:44
What a strange post.

:confused:

maverick22
3rd Nov 2009, 09:45
No :confused:

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Nov 2009, 09:50
...thats the one the Private pilots and schoolkids read, isn't it? :confused:

Altimeters
3rd Nov 2009, 09:50
Maybe someone's looking to get their post count up? :confused:

Grogmonster
3rd Nov 2009, 09:57
I assume you just started as a Commercial pilot from day one did you? Geez you must be clever. I suppose you are a space shuttle commander by now. Oh what was that??? The dogs barking!!!:ugh: You are a dreamer mate!!!!!

Orion Delta
3rd Nov 2009, 10:04
negative people.

frigatebird
3rd Nov 2009, 10:04
I'll get my post count up too.. and just to prove I go looking at different levels to see reactions.. Whats a wibble mean? :\

Horatio Leafblower
3rd Nov 2009, 11:46
Thanks Grogmonster.

Actually... I have a stack of AF mags dating back to the 1970s.

I read it when I was a teenager and when I was a PPL.

I don't feel it has anything of great relevance to my flying interests, but:

I recommend it to all my students as excellent reading material... for teenagers and PPLs, which encompases 90% of my students. :hmm:

I apologise for making a flippant reply to a stupid thread :ugh:

apache
3rd Nov 2009, 11:55
sheeessshhh.... I apologise for reading this stupid thread.

HTFU
3rd Nov 2009, 23:28
You seem to always see the same schools popping up within AF articles, it's very much a magazine funded by the sausage factories paying big money to be in featured articles, like any other magazine a good time waster when you've got nothing better to do, also handy to have when your on the dunny and just ran out of TP

QSK?
3rd Nov 2009, 23:57
IMHO there is market need in Australlia for a flying magazine that addresses the interests of the advanced/professional pilot. Unfortunately AF does not meet this space as it is really aimed at the private, low hour pilot fraternity. Not that there is anything wrong with AF's objectives; its just that the advanced pilot has different requirements.

maxgrad
4th Nov 2009, 00:02
Just got the latest AA, tell you if it was worth the $8.95 after I have read it.

tmpffisch
4th Nov 2009, 01:03
Latest Australian Flying arrived today. I don't enjoy it all that much, it is based more for the private/club pilot than the professional. AA is way better!

Funny comment about the sausage factories. This issue includes:

"Learn to fly slowly"
The biggest and best watches product review.
Flight sim stuff
Ab initio training
GAAPs
Concept Aviation's insert featuring half a page dedicated to epaulettes

Peter Fanelli
4th Nov 2009, 01:03
Is "Aircraft" still going in Australia?

Horatio Leafblower
4th Nov 2009, 02:21
American "Flying" and B+CA are the go :ok:

Wanderin_dave
4th Nov 2009, 03:14
Classic Wings, AA or Flypast are the best pick keep me entertained on longer legs. :ok:

Atlas Shrugged
4th Nov 2009, 04:32
also handy to have when your on the dunny and just ran out of TP

Yeah, but it's like railway toilet paper - too shiny with very little absorbency :{

Joker 10
4th Nov 2009, 09:25
You have to pre wet it or it won't work at all.

A37575
4th Nov 2009, 11:15
American "Flying" and B+CA are the go

Agree. Especially Business and Commercial Aviation which is a US magazine and unfortunately not available at newsagents in Australia. You have to buy a subscription and with the Aussie dollar nearing parity, it is well worth it. There is usually two or three first class airmanship/flight safety articles written by highly regarded authors. Simply nothing like it in Australia and I doubt there ever will be.

Peter Fanelli
4th Nov 2009, 11:36
The biggest and best watches product review.

Hmmmmm, wonder why we haven't seen a thread on that here yet.
Along with
What are the best shoelaces to wear for flying?
What are the best socks to buy for flying?
Which condoms last the best in the bottom of you flight bag for flying?

And all those other stupid "what's the best........." threads.

j3pipercub
4th Nov 2009, 12:13
What are the best shoelaces to wear for flying?

Red Ones. Impirical testing has proven they give an extra 5 kts TAS in ANY aircraft you fly.

What are the best socks to buy for flying?

Snoopy and the Red Baron ones. If I need to explain this one, you automatically get your license revoked...

Which condoms last the best in the bottom of you flight bag for flying?

I have it on good authority that it doesn't really matter as long as you 'double bag' but apply a coating of deep heat in between. That way if one breaks, one of you will know about it... This of course is only to be used with girls who have 'questionable morals'

j3