PDA

View Full Version : Boeing ... what's going on?

bumba
3rd Nov 2009, 07:08
What kind of problems they have... Boeing is so late in delivering planes that also Ryanair is thinking about Airbus!

ATW Daily News (http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=18372)

Anybody works at Boeing in this network and knows the reasons of such a poor leadership/management/plan/strategy/etc?

Evanelpus
3rd Nov 2009, 10:18
Oh c'mon, MOL is only using this to get an even better deal (if that's at all possible) for new 737NG's.

I personally think it is extremely unlikely that he will change horses now but I suppose you cannot second guess him.

ZFT
3rd Nov 2009, 11:04
Actually, after Boeing's recent announcement that they intend to 'recover' 15% royalty from every element of future 3rd party training, I'm all in favour of anyone pushing them.

(Yes, your future Boeing TRs will cost more thanks to Mr Boeing!!)

OFBSLF
4th Nov 2009, 14:04
What kind of problems they have... Boeing is so late in delivering planes that also Ryanair is thinking about Airbus!
Boeing is not late delivering 737s. The 787 program is off in the weeds, but I don't believe Ryanair is a customer.

This is just a negotiating tactic on Ryanair's part. But since Airbus has decided against responding to a proposal from Ryanair (because they think Ryanair is not serious about ordering Airbus aircraft), Ryanair has relatively little leverage with Boeing.