PDA

View Full Version : DOSH

yellow and black
14th Mar 2002, 03:35
30k = 18K / 50K = 32k ISH - is there anyone outhere staying in for the money?. .. .Non renumerat... (No Dosh option)sounds good BUT how do they start to put the fun factor back into flying?

Pub User
14th Mar 2002, 04:09
The fun factor is already in the flying, but with 1st tourists struggling to get 200 hours per year (SH) there's not enough flying around for anyone to notice the fun.

MrBernoulli
16th Mar 2002, 07:13
No chance. This money could never persuade me to stay.

DP Harvey
18th Mar 2002, 04:52
Y&B: 60% of 50 is 30. There's no "ISH" about it.. .. .You're a pilot, I'm not.. .. .You get offered 30K to stay in and use your sharp wits and skills, etc, for a while longer. I don't. .. .hmmm...

BEagle
18th Mar 2002, 10:26
Yeah? Under current proposals I still won't be getting a 100% final salary pension as I won't have 5 years left to serve on 31 Mar 03 - whereas someone 2 years my junior will. So explain what sort of a retention incentive that is...... .. .Anyway, even if I could, I'm not sure that I'd be prepared to sell my 6 month PVR option to transfer to a new system (PAPS) whose small print has yet to be revealed. Just remember that there's no such thing as a free lunch!. . . . <small>[ 18 March 2002, 06:38: Message edited by: BEagle ]</small>

yellow and black
18th Mar 2002, 11:56
DP - I can understand your feelings however, it was not my intention to start an aircew vs rest of the RAF thread. My point was: thanks for the offer of the money but it would not sway any decision I had to stay or leave, and I have yet to meet or hear from anyone who has changed their mind about leaving because of the money. At 38/16 minus 5 there already is an incentive of a v good pension and a tax free lumpsum if you stay another 5 years. 18K with five years to go is a drop in the ocean compared to that. Would they have been better off spending the money on upgrading accommodation or giving us a private health package so all can benefit?

jayteeto
18th Mar 2002, 12:17
money doesn't sway me, but nice try by the airships. You did well, but quality of life is far more important. Too much time away for my liking. For money alone to work, figures need to be a LOT higher to keep wlves happy.. . . . <small>[ 18 March 2002, 08:19: Message edited by: jayteeto ]</small>

DP Harvey
18th Mar 2002, 23:54
Y&B,. .. .Not all aircrew in the age bracket you mention are being offered the money, so this is not "aircrew versus the rest". I am also aircrew, but not a pilot. . .. .I was commenting on your apparent ineptitude at calculating 60% of 50 and the corresponding ineptitude of the RAF to offer a lot of money to someone (you, that is) to stay in a while a longer and continue to apply his sharp mind to flying (presumably black and yellow is a hint) a fast jet.. .. .You obviously misunderstood my cynicism, which is growing by the letter ;-)

LambJalfraezi
19th Mar 2002, 00:24
I am in the fortunate position of qualifying for the 18k payout. I will take this because I have already reconciled in my own mind that I cannot afford to leave with only 5 years to go until pension/gratuity time. . .. .However, if I was prepared to say goodbye to the package at 38/16 to look for greener pastures, then what idiot thinks I would stay for such a paltry sum when I was saying goodbye to a far larger amount? Can ANYONE explain this to me? All this package will do is give more money to people who were not going to leave anyway. When I hit my option, in 5 years, it would take @£250 000 to keep me in. No, that is not a joke. I don't need more, and my family couldn't be happy with less. Selfish/greedy? say what you like...I'm being realistic and honest. The conditions and way of life are awful for front line aircrew, and more-so for their families. You want to keep people in? Then think seriously and do something positive about it - forget this penny-pinching and open your pursestrings. £50k at 38 for a 5 year commitment? How thick are you...I would get that in pension over the same 5 years, plus a tax free lumpsum. Where is the incentive...it's no better at all!!! . .. .I seriously believe that people are promoted to their level of incompetence, and the Air Force Board are doing nothing to prove me wrong.

yellow and black
20th Mar 2002, 11:29
DPH. .. .Your grasp of maths is obviously far superior to mine.. .. .Had you tried harder at the rest of you school work the MOD might have wanted to retain you aswell.