PDA

View Full Version : MAXIM/LOADED ADVERT for WSOp

ROGERTHAT
6th Feb 2002, 21:51
Apparantly whispers have it that a new Wsop advert is going to, or just has appeared in one of these select magazines but fails to mention in any depth much about Nimrods or Kinloss. However, it does have a very nice piece on wokkers and E3 chums and in very small letters the word maritime sshhh its a secret. I have not seen it myself but doesn`t this smell of hiding the truth that the majority of Wsops will spend a long time on Nims and at kinloss before they get a shot at the gucci stuff??. . Stinks of "ssshhhh get em in and then tell em the truth" to me.

apologies to my Wsop`s (siggie) chums but hey your just lucky i guess

If anyone can post a copy that`ll be cool.

awaiting to be shot down in flames and admit i was wrong

RT

bad livin'
7th Feb 2002, 02:26
How many other issues can other keen readers add to "shhh...get em in and tell em the truth later", I wonder? The first and obvious ones are already being hotly discussed on these pages.....

Hoots
9th Feb 2002, 00:16
The advert in question sends out a few signals. Firstly, the airships are misleading the public. Although no blatant lies are present,i would be intrested to see what the advertising standards authority would have to say about them being short of the whole truth.No mention of Kinloss for 80%+ of the branch.Secondly, its good to see that the winchman is going for a comission and that the E3 dude is starting IOT about now. A good advert for the branch. A good start for the remuneration package, NOT!!

widge
9th Feb 2002, 01:27
Rogerthat

Gucci??

Are you implying that a wokker and an E3 are more gucci than the mighty hunter?

Um - let me see, a wokker has a rope that goes up and down! Nice

As for E3s, just a great big ugly mushroom that messes up the stability of the thing in anything other than a light breeze.

Ok, gucci it might not be (your words, not mine), but I would never consider leaving the frozen norf to do either of those jobs. Of those that do, most only leave to get away from Kinloss, not because they dislike maritime.

Miny rant over - dont get me wrong Ive nowt against wokkers or E3 AA, but its just not my bag baby!

As regards the ad in the lads mags - they really are *****, and whoever actually chose the 2 (one of whom I know well BTW, and whos photo has most definatly been digitally enhanced LOL) needs to be shot!

. .================================

MG, sorry for the cheap shot!

MAD Boom
9th Feb 2002, 02:35
Maybe a good job that you have not seen the advert as it may irate you as much as it has most of us up here in the bitter north.. .To quote a line:. ."WSOp's used to track submarines, times have changed" Maybe they have, but the Nimrod will always be a sub hunter, and to say things like that make me believe they no longer require us.(Apart from when we are launched on SAR topcover to protect those 'gucci' aircrew who make the magazine adverts!) . .In a week when we have already been shafted and forgotten about with pay, the kipper fleet AEOps are then treated like we don't even exist in a national publication!

Pity they forgot to add the figures of how many make the grade for SAR, or how many actually go to these aircraft straight from Cranwell.. .Unfortunate that they didn't include the fact that AWACS WSOps would have to spend a career on board an aircraft along with a bunch of Fighter Controllers who believe they rule the world, not to mention the airborne techs who get flying pay and a brevet without the two years training!. .I am very proud of being an AEOp and to fly on Nimrods, and to be passed over yet again is beginning to take its toll.. .Well, lets see just how many people make it to the careers office expecting a job on a shiny yellow helicopter and end up totally bewildered when they are shown the mighty rod amongst a backdrop of snow and the Moray Firth.. .Phew! Said all that in one breath, big moan I know, but feel it had to be said. Anyone else feel the same?. .P.S Not meant to insult those lucky few who have managed to get out of the Nimrod world, would never want to annoy those who wear the same brevet and who are continually shafted along with the rest of us

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: MAD Boom ]</p>

Spur Lash
9th Feb 2002, 03:06
1st Threshold . . . .I tek it U Txt alot. Orr downt u CaRe?

Bless:-)