PDA

View Full Version : How To Calculate Taxi Fuel For A Flight ??

underjet
31st Oct 2009, 13:13
DEAR ALL ,CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO CALCULATE TAXI FUEL .FOR EXAMPLE FOR B777-200LR MAN-DXB ?? HOW MUCH TAXI FUEL WE WILL TAKE ?? :confused:

learjet50
31st Oct 2009, 16:16
Re your question re Taxi Fuel.

Normally each Operator has his own figure for Taxi fuel as agreed with the appropriate Civil Aviation Aurthority it does vary from Operator to Operator and certain Airports i e some Operators have a higher Taxi fuel for certain Airports where they know there will be a long Taxi time i e JFK.

Normally though the Taxi fuel is a small percentage of the total fuel that is legally required to be carried for the Flight.

Sorry cant be more helpful but you will need to have sight of the Operations Manual for that particular Airline in which you are intrested.

Regards

VIKING9
31st Oct 2009, 16:16
You should have a standard taxi fuel sum set in your flight planning siftware :ok:

HeathrowAirport
31st Oct 2009, 17:32
I know 25 minutes for the A320/19/21 seems to be TAXI 000288KG, that seems to be the normal for EGLL and EGKK in filed FPLs.

mutt
31st Oct 2009, 17:33
33 kgs per minute as per the Boeing FPPM. Then you can set a default value in your flight planning system, or define airport specific values based on knowledge of the airport.

Mutt

Epsilon minus
2nd Nov 2009, 12:38
Only mutt has the correct answer. Look in the (Boeing) FPPM. You guys should know this which proves my point in a previous thread that training for all ops people is vital.
Regards
EM

VIKING9
2nd Nov 2009, 13:36
I was half right. Curious as to why this bloke should ask in the first place though :bored: