PDA

View Full Version : Cabin staff still up at start of take off

HKPAX
31st Oct 2009, 04:41
Would appreciate your input please. This is not a wind-up. Flying into HK from another regional airport yesterday, four or five cabin staff were still doing checks when the take-off roll commenced, and started running to their seats. One (senior I think) was still running past seat row 60 when the plane lifted off the runway. You could see that they were pretty scared, and this was clearly dangerous. Wouldn't want to get folks into trouble but at same time there are lessons to be learned.

AGNES
31st Oct 2009, 04:57
Was it an airline from Taiwan?

tiger321
31st Oct 2009, 06:10
Let's just hope that it wasn't CX otherwise we will have another bunch of new pointless "PA's" to make. CC 3min 43s to take off!!! Goes nicely with the other pointless wunder PA - "30 mins to landing." You would think by now even the dimmest CC would realise that the Captains PA is always just before we descend.

F_one
31st Oct 2009, 06:29
'you would think by now even the dimmest CC would realise that the Captains PA is always just before we descend'

Are you in any way suggesting that they should THINK for themselves? Heavens forbid ;)

cyrex
31st Oct 2009, 06:31
OH and don't forget you HAVE to make the PA first at 20000 ft before turning on the Signs instead of the other way around or else you will confuse them?!?!?:ugh:

Loiter1
31st Oct 2009, 08:27
On a Garuda flight out of Sydney I saw a cabin crew run up the aisle to grab her handbag from the galley as we were lining up. As she came past on the way back the pilots applied takeoff thrust, which made her go even faster. She finally strapped in after around 5 seconds of acceleration. :ok:

PS I know, stupid to fly on Garuda and I never have since.

Humber10
31st Oct 2009, 09:04
Mexicana, on line up cabin crew allowed pax to visit the toilet. Pax still in toilet for take off. Same thing for landing.

Dixi Normus
31st Oct 2009, 14:11
Must be fun watching your piss go sideways!:8

Bill Smith
1st Nov 2009, 16:33
I've seen a Major Local Cxarrier's Crew standing in the rear galley, bagging the company on touch down.

hongkongfooey
2nd Nov 2009, 00:29
HKPAX, FAs still standing on t/o roll on a local airline ? think yourself lucky, thats on a good day :rolleyes:

Bill, as long as they were bagging the company, thats OK :}

HKPAX
2nd Nov 2009, 05:41
All in good jest guys, but if there had been an aborted take-off there could have been a fatality: staff heading for the back at row 60 would have been in big trouble.