PDA

View Full Version : Protests

Mr C Hinecap
19th Jul 2001, 02:01
Blimey - protestors outside a Secret Air Base in Oxfordshire! How did the buggers find us - after all this time with such a low profile. Something about Star Wars......I mean - I know JarJar Binks was a crap character but the 1st 3 films were belter. Never mind - where would the ungrates be without the Jedi protecting them. Anyhoo - they looked nice people - probably make a nice salad rather than throw tomatoes. Any good protest stories out there?? ;)

opso
19th Jul 2001, 22:35
The first time I was at Stuck Command, the protesters got their knickers in a twist over the 'secret bunker' that was being built for 'all the politicians to hide in' in the event of WW3. After camping out on the main road by the carpark, a group of them were led in, shown the blueprints and shown the building site - a large hole in the ground, metal lined, with a single large pipe in and another large pipe out. The top of the metal structure was not far below the ground level. Despite this, they refused to believe that it was actually a emergency water store until they saw the thing actually flooded! :rolleyes:

Rumour has it that after the protesters left, it was drained and is actually used as Maggie's crypt these days, but we won't go in to that! :eek: