PDA

View Full Version : New Bulletin Board

snafu
3rd Feb 2002, 14:19
No, I'm not advertising a competitor to PPRuNe (well, not exactly), but there is soon going to be a Bulletin Board available on the MOD Intranet.

Having noticed it the other day, it uses the same Ultimate BB engine as PPRuNe and is available on DefenceNet. If you access the DefenceNet homepage and look at the links on the left hand side of the screen, it's about half way down. Apparently it has been available for testing for a week or two but should go live as from 11 Feb. The couple of posts that I saw on the trial site didn't seem all that interesting (shiny-a*se remf talking about nothing) although one post did have a whinge about how long it took to register, so I don't know how anonymous it's going to be.

Could be interesting to see what appears and what gets moderated, I can't really see the MOD allowing a thread like the Retention thread to stay active but you never know!!

Still, if we can register anonymously, it night give us the chance to get some PPRuNe style threads going and we'll be able pretend we're working when the Boss walks in! (OK, so I've been pretending for about ten years so far, but so what!)

Green Bottle
3rd Feb 2002, 16:38
I don't think you will be anonymous as you will have to be logged on and hence they should be able to trace you - as has already been seen on other intranet bulletin boards!

jockspice
3rd Feb 2002, 16:50
snafu. .send me the info at work mate cheers!

Mmmmnice
4th Feb 2002, 23:56
GB - you must still have some kind of career to worry about getting caught expressing an opinion; or do you work for the kind of outfit that sacks you if you put your hand up? mil or civvy, Cp or PA? ah there's a question pip pip

BEagle
5th Feb 2002, 01:55
Just don't tell him your name, Pike!