PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatch - UAE / EK

dispatching
28th Oct 2009, 00:07
Anyone have any information on being a Flight Dispatcher with EK

What the working conditions are like (if any...lol) / Salary, do they put you up in a house/villa, any information you can provide would be appreciated

Also, what are they looking for when they do hire, FAA cert, experience in years, does a Canadian cert count for anything over there

Thanks
DXX

MrMachfivepointfive
29th Oct 2009, 14:55
It does. But you don't want to go there. Trust me.

dispatching
2nd Nov 2009, 20:05
Thanks for the response, but do you have any information, by saying that I dont want to go must mean you have some info to give, let me make up my own mind whether I want to go or not.
Info please if you have any

Cheers
DXX

PNY
11th Nov 2009, 13:13
With a Dispatcher's license from an ICAO member nation, provided that a UAE employer makes the request to the GCAA, you can convert to a UAE GCAA Dispatcher license just by taking a 3-day refresher course.

All dispatcher courses in the UAE are done by Jeppesen at Emirates Aviation College as they have the monopoly and the courses are not by any means cheap either. Further, unlike the ICAO FAA certificates, the ICAO UAE GCAA license is only valid for 2 years and the renewal is expensive too.

Everybody I know in the UAE is trying like hell to get out... and there are plenty of licensed dispatcher's from the third world for employers to take full advantage of too.

Suggest you read the magazine article "The dark side of Dubai" before you go attempt something like this... unless you are of Arab descent in which you case you will fit right in. Good Luck!