PDA

View Full Version : career lasts 18 yrs

fone_effect
20th Feb 2002, 23:50
Is it morally and legally right to offer a career of 22 years and then say that if you are promoted after your 18 year point, it will be your last? This sounds like a career of 18 years to me.

barneyrubble
24th Feb 2002, 03:39
Fone,. . hi me old mucker, what you moanin about, you get paid good money and you could be on the "rock & roll". I know a man from 4 that wishes he was you.........

Always_broken_in_wilts
24th Feb 2002, 05:36
Pots of sound advice and some "bs" as well. The CIO are only employed to fill posts so will lie like the average insurance salesman. Ringing round will only get you the opinion of the man at the end of the phone! so visiting stations is the way ahead and when I crossed the divide between fixers and fliers 12 years ago HMG paid for all your visits. Make a note of everything you do with regards visits and any air experiance you get record type, hours etc as "the sausage factory" will ask you everything from your mothers maiden name to your dads inside leg measurment. Finally after 10 years of rotary I can testify that helicopter flying is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on but the life style sucks. I am now safely ensconsed in the south west and would sooner feed rusty barbed wire into my "Tojo's occular" than return to rotary. However like the "phone call" I referred to above that's just my opinion. Best of luck with your "ap" and hopefully see you down route.

. ."Any spelling mistakes are alcohol induced"