PDA

View Full Version : CL604 Training

Cheekyflyboy
26th Oct 2009, 21:41
Hi

Could anybody suggest a good place to do a CL604 type rating. Ideally to then operate straight away if a Level-D sim exists. I have 14 years command on heavy jets.

Any suggestions?
Cheers

Flintstone
26th Oct 2009, 21:43
FSI Wilmington or Bombardier Montreal (assuming money's not an issue). You'll still need to finish off with a few crash and goes in the aircraft though.

dan1165
26th Oct 2009, 21:47
Bombardier in DFW :cool:

cskafan123
27th Oct 2009, 05:42
Hi Guys,
I need an advice.I have a Bulgarian CPL with TR on CL604,as well as FAA CPL.Now I am going for my recurrent at Bombardier in Canada and I was planning to do an upgrade course for my FAA license,but the cost of the extra sim session and a check ride is 6000$.

Because it is for my FAA license,my company is not going to pay for the upgrade(and they shouldn't of course) , I am wondering if is it worth to get it now or just to wait for promotion.

The thing is that in this unstable market I want to be able to find a job if something goes wrong with the company.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Greetings,

cskafan

falconflier
28th Oct 2009, 22:13
Successfully completed the 604 initial with 605 differences at Bombardier DFW this summer. Instructors were top notch, wouldn't have minded a few extra days with the course, felt behind the 8-ball most of the time but it was enjoyable. Suggest going in with limitations and memory items down cold in order to concentrate on systems, that helped me a lot. With your heavy jet experience it should be less intimidating.

Raba1998
7th Dec 2009, 10:19
Hey guys, can I ask you for more info on Bombardier in DFW, I tried to look them up with no luck. I am trying to buy my type on the CL 604, any idea how much? any advice from you will be appreciate it.

Rabah

MLT
7th Dec 2009, 13:28
Bombardier Training:

Business Aircraft Flight Courses (http://www.batraining.com/Flight%20Training/Business%20Aircraft%20Courses/default.asp)

Dallas Training Center (http://www.batraining.com/Training%20Centers/Dallas%20Training%20Center/default.asp)

Enjoy,

MLT

falconflier
7th Dec 2009, 14:16
Our 604 type with 605 diffs was north of $50K each for 2 pilots at Bombardier DFW. Don't know that they're willing to negotiate that much but it's worth a shot.