PDA

View Full Version : British Helicopter Championships

N Genfire
29th Jun 2001, 21:45
I am taking bets for this weekend at Silverstone.

500/1 Crab
10000/1 fish head
1000000000000/1 junglie
evens civvy
1/10 true blue teeny weeny airways

Regards N Genfire

------------------
Not if I can do it tomorrow.........

Overshoot Kenobi
29th Jun 2001, 22:19
What-ho, NGen. How's tricks mate? As for the bucket-dangling contest, is it really that important? Surely the main event is the cross-Service bonding and banter to be enjoyed in the bar.
You may enjoy jumping on the bandwagon and sharing in my outrage vented in my "Wasted hours in NI" post.
See you soon, OK

N Genfire
30th Jun 2001, 00:11
wot ho m8, when U back my end? As for bucket dangling, pride is at stake !!!!!!

Regards N Genfire

jayteeto
30th Jun 2001, 19:14
Who won last years competition at Middle Wallop? Oh, it was JJ and myself!! Funny I was sure I was a crab you know!!!
Good luck to everyone this year, sorry I can't be there for the party........

N Genfire
30th Jun 2001, 20:52
I am sure that was just helimeet mate!!!!, Green won the championships in Gary Gazelle.
Yes and good luck to all (especially the Army teams)

Regards N Genfire

------------------

Speedbird48
1st Jul 2001, 15:03
Can anyone post the results, please. I am across the pond and the news will not get here.
Hope the Army crews do well.

Thud_and_Blunder
1st Jul 2001, 16:23
Greetings

Any AAC remember when 657 had their 50th Anniversary celebrations up at Dishforth? It was a (very-well-put-together) mini-Helimeet with 2 days of competitions and events. Would it be churlish of me to point out that it was the Crabs who walked away with all the prizes bar one - and as that was for the best-dressed crew, we rather thought we'd leave that to people who consider that kind of thing important. All this with no specific preparation, naturally - although as the only participating wokka in the 17-ship round-Lough-Neagh debacle (see separate NI thread :)) perhaps we should include that as training.

I do remember the AAC Magazine for that year consigning piccies of the event to the very back pages owing to the preponderance of crabs...

jayteeto on tour
2nd Jul 2001, 11:54
I could have made some cash this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CFS(H) crew of one crab and one fishhead won. Wallop last year, Silverstone this year, pass another glass of champers craig!!

Jeep
2nd Jul 2001, 14:04
Very tight at the top this year

1. JJ (CFS)
2. Caroline Gough-Cooper
3. Thommo (667 Sqn MW)

It took a protest over scores though as JJ was penalised (incorrectly) 60 points for lifting bars off the hover pen (Well one Shawbury Squirrel looks like another).

The best competition was the concorde de elegance. judged on 4 categories, paintwork, cabin area, style and one other ive forgotten. i would post the exact results of the lynx but they threw them away before i could get hold of them. i cant print what the judges said about the paintwork, but the cabin area defo had something about gypos.

N Genfire
2nd Jul 2001, 21:43
Well done the CFS crew, glad no one took up my odds, phew.
Larry the Lynx is a fighting machine not a namby pamby polish it everyday sort of RAF vehicle!!!! the mud was there for cam.

Regards N Genfire.

------------------

Jeep
3rd Jul 2001, 02:10
and the oil?

N Genfire
3rd Jul 2001, 10:35
From thrushes hair!!!

------------------

Thud_and_Blunder
3rd Jul 2001, 12:59
Army Lynx dirty? Best we claw back all the aircrew off JCSC/ Adventure Training/ Courses/ Leave and give them some refresher training on one of their primary duties, eh?

Only kidding, honest... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/togo.gif

jaundiced
4th Jul 2001, 03:18
Hey NG,

Sorry we can't let Sidney Sea King have some time off from work to play. Pity the SAR Boys can't have some fun whipping a***se!

N Genfire
4th Jul 2001, 10:17
'Spose I asked for this. ok bring it on junior services.................

Regards N Genfire

------------------

teeteringhead
4th Jul 2001, 16:00
How for you mean JUNIOR N Gen????

RAF - 1918
FAA - c 1934
AAC - 1955

Not when it comes to flying it ain't. And before there's any b&ll*x about RNAS and RFC, they became part of the RAF.

And purleez nobody be tedious about sappers flying balloons or Baden Powell doing something in the Boer War with a Kite.

We've wandered a bit on this thread....isn't the point of CFS (H)'s victory that it is a completely tri-service (no civvy) unit under RAF command......and has been a successful, world class training unit for nearly 50 years? remind me o pongoes and wafus....who trains your beefers!

------------------
tee-head

N Genfire
4th Jul 2001, 20:33
Perhaps, maybe, junior in the fisticuff department oh lord of the skies,remind me again who was first to fly out of the military services? RFC was it not, wonder where they got their pilots from?

Regards Pongo an' proud
N Genfire
(Edit 'caus I don't want to get slaaged for me grammer)

------------------

[This message has been edited by N Genfire (edited 04 July 2001).]

teeteringhead
4th Jul 2001, 20:57
As they say in the House of Commons......

"I refer you to the answer I gave earlier!"

and my apologies for 1955 if you count the Glider Pilot Regiment you can go back NEEEERly as far as the B of B.

------------------
tee-head

teeteringhead
4th Jul 2001, 21:02
annanuvverfing

I was always taught that Cinderella had two older ugly sisters....

Keep the banterstat in date - that's all that counts!

------------------
tee-head

N Genfire
4th Jul 2001, 21:39
Agreed oh teetering one, Banter is the life blood of the mil, hail banter, (but the real green machine banters better)

regards N Genfire

------------------

N Genfire
4th Jul 2001, 21:46
Or, you cant find a better bit of banter, than a banter over bitter in an air show tent,

eye thankyou

Regards N Genfire

------------------

teeteringhead
4th Jul 2001, 21:49
I'll drink to that!!!

------------------
tee-head

rotree
5th Jul 2001, 22:26
CFS oldest fg school in world (1914), CFS(H) oldest "joint" helicopter school (1954 - Middle Wallop). Brit Heli Champ Trophy back in rightful place. No point being the world's best instructor school if you can't give a lesson in it occasionally - when it suits and we bother to fly Fridays! See www.shawbury.raf.mod.uk (http://www.shawbury.raf.mod.uk) under shawbury flag in latest news ... and weep. Banter's good...but CFS(H) are better - and do provide the world's best QHIs!

mindstorm
7th Jul 2001, 23:11
Ah, the vintage days of 1990 when a Wessex from 72 Sqn came to the Helimeet for the first time and whipped everyone. :D

N Genfire
8th Jul 2001, 04:23
Only with it's downdraft, and there were only two competitors, the other being piloted by Igor sikorsky.

Regards N Genfire

ps who's been playin with the boards? ;)

Skycop
8th Jul 2001, 12:00
It was found that the Army couldn't cope once they got more than one horse-power each.

That's why they were given gliders... :rolleyes: