View Full Version : Dubai furniture store

NineInchSnail
26th Oct 2009, 16:42
Hi Folks,

Bound to Dubai in a few weeks and looking for a good furniture store (by good I mean affordable!!). I don't like IKEA style so any other recommendation is highly appreciated!!

Thanks

9"

FJCruiser
26th Oct 2009, 17:10
Depending on budget and style, you have a wide choice in Dubai, from Home Center (quality is below Ikea), to Index (Dubai Mall - nice modern Thai furniture shop) and to Aati (very expensive but very nice stuff). If you want more traditional look, Marina on Umm Suqueim Road (D63) is good too. That' s their big warehouse so cheaper than the branches in MOE for eg.
MOE is a good place to look for furniture. It has plenty of shops with BoConcept (scandinavian style) and BetterLife amongst others but prices are not cheap here compared to UK for eg. Ikea has the cheap and nasty but good things too. Worth a visit still.
Good luck.

Da Do Ron Ron
26th Oct 2009, 21:11
Pan Emirates is good value and quality not too bad. They've opened a massive showroom next to the Mall of the Emirates.

Dubaian
27th Oct 2009, 08:14
There is plenty of furnished accommodation available in Dubai - that might be a more realistic option when you first arrive. If you then decide to stay long term, you can chose the property and the furnishings and fittings 'at leisure'. Bear in mind that second hand furniture has virtually no value. Unless you are sure you want to chose the style, quality and pay the price it might be worth considering furnished or even serviced accom. as a 'starter pack'.

NineInchSnail
27th Oct 2009, 14:37
Thanks for the good info. I'm not coming with EK so no furnished option for me...........