PDA

View Full Version : CTC wings cadet application...

bglov85
24th Oct 2009, 20:14
hi there
I know others have posted questions about the ctc wings selection process, but can only find old threads (2003) about the ctc wings atp. I have been progressed through to the second phase of selection, and was just wodering if anyone can tell me an up to date account of what i can expect?
i am extremely nervous about the whole thing, and would appreciate any advice, and information about the process throughout the day
thanks

A1B2C3D4
24th Oct 2009, 22:13
Basically, phase 2 consists of a numerical skills test which is 15 maths questions to be answered in 15 mins. These questions cover conversions, long division, multiplication etc. You then sit various PILAPT tests such as 2D tracking, 3D tracking, information processing leading onto the toughest one, capacity. It would be fairly difficult to explain what these all involve individually but you can find plenty of information on them from the internet. I believe you can buy practice tests but I dont know how useful they are to be honest?? You will also be asked to do a number of group exercises which will be used to check your teamworking, leadership, confidence etc

Phase 3 which follows is an interview conducted by various members of the Selection Crew. The questions they ask vary greatly depending on the individual but in general they will ask questions about you, the aviation industry, why you want it etc. The best advice I could give you for this stage is dont lie. Give honest, accurate answers and dont be afraid to take a few seconds to think about how you want to answer the question. All of the CTC staff are friendly so dont worry about it too much.........

Best of luck

One9iner
25th Oct 2009, 13:08
I recently attended phases 2 & 3 at CTC Dibden Manor.... Unless you live near to there I'd plan on staying in a B&B/Hotel in the area as they expect you to be on site for a prompt 8.15 start.

You then have a presentation for approx 1 hour... then a Q&A session.. then 15 minute 15 maths q. test and then PILAPT. Approx 1 hour.

After that you have a break and then have a group exercise. It's all about how you communicate within a team, there are no exact right or wrong answers, it's all about your ability to listen, decide, review, lead, etc...

I was offered a place after selection, and I can't suggest a better book to buy for prep other than 'get a head for the sky' .... google it. pay £15, read it, cover to cover, over and over again.. and you'll get through :ok:

The only other thing to mention is be aware that you're under scrutiny from the second you walk in.... be friendly, use peoples names when speaking to them & be smart.

TheBeak
25th Oct 2009, 13:22
Well done on passing One9iner.

One9iner
25th Oct 2009, 14:10
Many thanks TheBeak.
Thanks for the advice t'other week :ok:

TheBeak
25th Oct 2009, 15:33
No worries, I hope it helped.

bglov85
25th Oct 2009, 15:42
do you know where i can find a copy o the book by tomorrow? :)

One9iner
25th Oct 2009, 16:32
No....

You're question makes me think - have you got selection tomorrow?

If yes; then this is far too late to be beginning research!?!?!?!