PDA

View Full Version : Which African Intl DC-8 at Cape Town?

kernowbird
23rd Oct 2009, 21:00
The above was parked at Cape Town Intl when I arrived on 081009 and was also there on 191009. Is it resting or active?

Main Wheel
24th Oct 2009, 06:01
Both 8's now belong to Stars Away, and are having C checks. The first has just been completed, and is about to start operating. :ok:

kernowbird
24th Oct 2009, 19:38
Nice to know there will be two DC-8s gracing the skies, shame I only saw one of them. AND strangely that was also true of the DC-3s in the fynbos off of the R46 near Touwsriver (seperate thread). Still, one out of two ain't bad, it was nice to see them.

yambat
25th Oct 2009, 16:54
Will be flying soon, once shakedown flight is complete, will be operating out of Josie

yambat
27th Oct 2009, 14:14
Certainly the first crew, but more will be needed in time. Intention is to put OZV through C Check too, but that will be a while from now. There is a list of DC8 rated guys ready to join once the requirement is there.

Maurice Chavez
29th Oct 2009, 00:24
A list of DC-8 rated guys, wow, that list must be very short. Good luck finding guys! Sure miss her but wouldn't go back on it unless I'm out of a job. Suggest to whomever is looking at the "list" to add a chap by the name of Doug Sailer to it.

yambat
29th Oct 2009, 15:23
Doug Sailor is still operating a private VIP 8 and does sim training. Yup, list is a bit short and certainly short of SA licenced 8 drivers. Not much happening out there with nice shiny new machines to fly, unless type rated of course, so I' stuck on the 8 for the time being. Just as well I enjoy the old bus. By all accounts the MK chaps did a fine job on the C Check, look forward to beginning operations.

Maurice Chavez
29th Oct 2009, 17:12
Well best of luck to you guys, nice to see the 8 still operating. Doug is indeed still in Jeddah on the 8, but always available to freelance. If you need his contact details, pm me, flew with him for years.