PDA

View Full Version : Helo licenses in Nigeria

queueaitcheye
23rd Oct 2009, 15:41
Hi

Having searched the forums I'm still confused regarding helicopter licenses in Nigeria.

I am right in saying that the NCAA issue its own licenses?

I have a JAA ATPL(H) but this does not have my required type rating (AW139). I am flying the AW139 in the United Arab Emirates but, as the aircraft are military registered, no civilian type rating is required. To transfer this onto my JAA license requires 350 hours on type, which I don't have yet. This may also take some time at the current rate of flying.

How many hours on type do I need to obtain an NCAA license?

I could probably obtain a GCAA license with the AW139 on it fairly easily. Would this be useful? Would it help me to obtain an NCAA type rating and operate over there?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Main Wheel
24th Oct 2009, 06:06
Its Africa Bud, if you can get a GCAA Lic, then for the same kind of money, you could get a Nigerian... Its that simple.

SalesConsult
24th Oct 2009, 14:30
GCAA License will not help much. NCAA procedure, though complex, is worth going through. Nigeria Aviation is also busiest and most challenging in West Africa.

Browright
26th Oct 2009, 09:03
Your best bet will be to obtain your GCAA license and then apply for a Nigerian Validation of your GCAA license if you wish to fly in Nigeria. Getting a Nigerian License is not easy