PDA

View Full Version : Instructing,

papaschild
22nd Oct 2009, 22:31
Hey guys, could someone suggest to me a good place to do my instructor rating in NSW? A school that does'nt muck about!!:)

Vey keen to get it done.

Thanks!:)

ules
23rd Oct 2009, 02:33
avondale college @ cessnock .

girl with a stick
23rd Oct 2009, 06:29
I'm not there yet, in that I haven't finished the CPL, but I have my eye on the instructor course at Curtis Aviation, in Camden. A good few of my friends have completed the course, and though many say it's the hardest thing they've ever done, they all commend it. Training is conducted in the Citabrias, and Craig Marshall has an excellent reputation as a teacher (and is a top bloke, too).

Hope this helps,

GWAS

schoolboy
23rd Oct 2009, 08:45
Johnston Aviation if they still do them

tmpffisch
23rd Oct 2009, 09:17
If I was wanting to do an instructor rating in NSW, I'd be looking at Johnston Aviation too. CTAF, quick to get in and out of the training area after doing sorties, and they have an instructor there specifically to do just instructor ratings last I heard.

papaschild
27th Oct 2009, 03:39
cheers and thanks to all:)

Atlas Shrugged
27th Oct 2009, 05:15
Craig Marshall has an excellent reputation as a teacher (and is a top bloke, too).

Is Rob still there?

Sugar........

Liske
3rd Nov 2009, 20:57
Hi guys,

Im thinking of doing my Instructors Rating at Johnston Aviation in Port MacQuarie but I dont know much about it. Has anyone had any exprience with them, and what was it like?

Cheers.

HTFU
3rd Nov 2009, 23:23
Do not for the love of God give your money up front to JAS or anybody for that matter

the air up there
3rd Nov 2009, 23:44
I agree do not pay up front, to anyone for training. But to the best of my knowledge JAS doesn't require up front payment. Try not to confuse coastjet with JAS.

Ive heard good things from friends about Airborne also.