PDA

View Full Version : CFX

eagle21
22nd Oct 2009, 11:59
Ciao everyone,

Apologies for not writing in Italian but I am still learning it. Quick question:

When travelling on AZ(or CAI as you prefer...) as CFX is it a common rule to introduce yourself to the Captain and purser?
I do travel a lot as CFX and lately I find a look of indiference everytime I introduce myself ad pursers tend not to invite me to say hello to the pilots anymore?
Has anything changed recently?? Are things changing for the worst like in the UK, where introducing yourself is seen as a request for an upgrade?? Hope not.

Regards,

eagle

JetMcQuack
22nd Oct 2009, 13:26
Is it the same when travelling with AirOne operated flights?

Tiennetti
22nd Oct 2009, 18:02
I use to travel as CFX once o twice a month with AZA since the lasts 4 years

I usually introduce myself to the purser and sometimes he/she invite me to talk with the pilots, sometimes not
It ussually happens when flying on MD80's
I suppose it depends totally on the purser
I should say that most of the times i talked with the pilots, they invited me to sit in bussiness class

However i always travel without my uniform, and introduce myself as a "colleague", so there is the possibility (i suppose) that they think i'm a FA, so they consider not important to speak with the pilots

lenzuolo
22nd Oct 2009, 20:50
I once travelled AZ on an ID50 as a FA brother (not on duty there) without introducing myself: the captain sent the P1 to tell me how impolite I had been.

Must be personal...

main_dog
22nd Oct 2009, 21:16
Having worked in AZ for 7 years (although I since have moved elsewhere) perhaps I can shed some light on the issue... the AZ "General Basic" (ie Operations Manual) states that off-duty AZ crew SHALL introduce themselves to the Captain. This is so the operating flight crew know that there are extra crewmembers available should the need arise (unruly pax, pilot incapacitation etc).

Of course this cannot apply to crew from other airlines, but by extension AZ flight crews still like to know when you're on board, and generally appreciate if you introduce yourselves (I even remember some captains getting offended when they didn't, just like lenzuolo says...).

Thus when you greet the purser, introduce yourself as a pilot from airline XYZ and then ask "posso salutare i colleghi?" indicating the cockpit. The purser will then ask the captain if you can come in and most times you will be greeted warmly.

It is NOT assumed you are doing this to get an upgrade. Having said that, until very recently, 9 times out of 10 you would have indeed been invited to sit in business (or even the flight deck on occasion). Recently however all AZ flight crew have been issued with a stern written warning to immediately cease this convivial practice... (much to my dismay, as I use my old airline regularly to commute) :{:{:{

If you have noticed a change in attitude recently, it's because the morale in AZ has hit rock-bottom :ouch: ... nothing to do with you.

MD

PS Can't speak for AirOne but suspect it must be the same...

ali ce
22nd Oct 2009, 22:33
main..

great:ok:

air one is usually the same..I always applied the same technique of alitalia

non potevi essere pił chiaro..:ok: