PDA

View Full Version : VistaJet - the BizAv magician???

foxtrott-romeo-a-x
21st Oct 2009, 20:05
Just visited VJ website:

how can they afford to do that`?

- No positioning costs

- Guaranteed availability

- Zero fuel surcharges

---> must be a premium price????

VistaJet is the world?s fastest growing private aviation company with a fleet of new Bombardier jets providing quality, service and value. (http://www.vistajet.com/en/index.php) (right hand side - rolling banner)

CaptainProp
21st Oct 2009, 20:41
Well, I guess if you sell trips just to sell trips then you can do it. Profit? Not so sure. Time will tell.

CP

Lazy Bird
21st Oct 2009, 20:58
what is less expensive?
to keep an aircraft on ground with no business
or
to sell some hours without net-income?

bad times for the community, lets hope that this changes soon!

lpokijuhyt
22nd Oct 2009, 08:27
It's easy to do. Pay the pilots jack-**** and give them a work roster that makes an old Soviet gulag prison look like a golf country-club. Simple formula.

jetopa
22nd Oct 2009, 16:47
lpokijuhyt

Nothing to add to this!:D

flyingmasai
22nd Oct 2009, 16:51
Unfortunately they all do it and there is nothing we can do about it...

JimJoness
22nd Oct 2009, 17:22
Had a chat with a VistaJet Crew in Geneva recently, I can tell you that was really depressing:bored:
22-25 duty days a month, stable roster ? You're allowed to dream of !
Salary a shame as well...

Nice people though, I can only hope for all of us that the business bounces back and people remember about VistaJet, might be hard for them to find some qualified and good Pilots then !

deskjockey101
22nd Oct 2009, 20:47
Good people, working very hard in difficult conditions with everyone trying to make it better.

work hard now, be around for the long haul.

DJ101 (working hard in Salzburg)

Big Money
23rd Oct 2009, 07:53
uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I think I am going to be sick.

jetopa
26th Oct 2009, 05:03
News from Salzburg...

I'd like to understand what exactly you are trying to say...

deskjockey101
26th Oct 2009, 09:47
What i'm trying to say is that at the time i made that post, I was in Salzburg , and my comments reflected what was going on there.

Big Money's aversion to a positive outlook is a bit surprising, as I would have though that a company with a good future, is good for the industry!! but hey what do i know!!

DJ

Phil Latterly
26th Oct 2009, 11:11
"but hey what do i know!!"

I think the question is whether this company has a good future for pilot employment, and you stated that "by working hard it was going to be around for the long haul".

But...if you don't know, why post something that you don't know is true??:ugh:

CaptainProp
26th Oct 2009, 15:27
Crap money. No schedule. Crap hotels. Chaos ops.
This from several pilots actually flying there. So a good employer for pilots? Well if a providing a job to go to constitutes "good employer" then yes, otherwise no. I still wish the company good luck for the future though and I hope they can sort their s#$%t out.

CP

deskjockey101
26th Oct 2009, 18:51
Phil

I thought PPR encouraged opinion, or are your rules "fact only", and more to the point I know as much as anyone as I do work there!!

Captain

"Several pilots actually flying there", well that leaves the other 150 who might think otherwise.
Very interested to hear that second on your list was crap hotels!!! no mention of new fleet and good opportunities to progress....
Typical!!

CaptainProp
26th Oct 2009, 20:53
Third on the list... :} Good hotels providing a sort of life quality when on the road is quite important to me, and to most corporate pilots I know. This is especially true when doing the minimum rest duties that the guys I know there constantly do. Good opportunities to progress? I am lead to believe that several pilots left over the past couple of months....despite the current job situation in our business. One even resigned (allegedly) without having a new job because he was so fed up with it. He, they, obviously did not share your enthusiasm..

Like I said, I wish them good luck and I hope things get better for their crew in the future....

CP

jetopa
28th Oct 2009, 12:12
I can understand deskjockey101 to a certain extent. In these days of uncertainty you do think twice before complaining, criticizing etc. Even if it's justified. And having a less than perfect job is frustrating enough in the first place, so you don't need other wiseguys to tell you that your company sucks.

But I am great fan of calling things the way they are. That's what this forum is good for.

A heap of **** is unsuspicious when it has been allowed to dry for a while. But it starts stinking again when you stir it up...

P.S.: I do not work for VistaJet, but I do know > 1 who do (or until recently did).

Big Money
28th Oct 2009, 18:18
And if you are all working so hard, you should work on learning to plan your own flights. Instead of letting that nincompoop in Germany do all of your dispatching, and planning flights that zig-zag acoss the world as the money flies out of the window due to the poorly planned fuel burn, you could get a couple of disptachers in there who could save you some money. And with that saved money, you can afford to pay your pilots a bit better and let them stay in some decent hotels.

deskjockey101
28th Oct 2009, 20:23
Flatspin

Amazing how someone who is entrusted with the lives of others is taken in by daily mail style headlines, received wisdom pedalled by the competition, and the opinion of a small number of clients....have you ever opened your mind and thought that it might just be the other way round, that there are customers who we had at skyjet (who were a openly a marketing function for Bombardier and not required to make a profit) who we dont want, becasue they dont make a profit......no profit, no business, no jobs (you get the picture!!)

how many operators out there are flying for turnover (or even just cash) , or even at a loss hoping the market will turn.....the real deal is that we are now able to make a choice with customers who dont meet the profile of the VJ business model, and serve the ones who do better and profitably. I am sure if NJ could dump their 25hr, light cabin guys (without having 90 aircraft sat idle) they would.....

The world is changing and as such business's have to as well.

As for the sales guys having no contact!!!!!!!!! you stick to your speciality and i'll stick to mine.........

deskjockey101
28th Oct 2009, 20:25
Some good and justified points.....watch this space..

DJ101

Damianik
28th Oct 2009, 22:51
Someone entrusted with the life of others is pissed to be the first to get paycuts and all sort of "cost saving" procedures on his back while maybe some salemane still make the normal salary, and the funny things, they get hired more and more, just to sell..sell a product that is there thanks in great part to the "someone entrusted with life of others"...
sorry, fed up post...

D

WiganWarrior
29th Oct 2009, 08:28
And if you are all working so hard, you should work on learning to plan your own flights. Instead of letting that nincompoop in Germany do all of your dispatching, and planning flights that zig-zag acoss the world as the money flies out of the window due to the poorly planned fuel burn, you could get a couple of disptachers in there who could save you some money. And with that saved money, you can afford to pay your pilots a bit better and let them stay in some decent hotels.

See how quickly VistaJet responded to your points............ an advertisement is already on the website for Flight Dispatchers (and more than "a couple") as well as Ground Operations staff ......... as I think someone once said "you talk, we listen"

His dudeness
29th Oct 2009, 11:25
They just talk to each other through a public web forum.

Wonder if that works for higher salaries and better hotels as well.

Donīt shoot, just kiddin!

deskjockey101
29th Oct 2009, 11:46
Damianik

Just so you know, the sales team will take home about 50% less than last year, and last year was 25% down on the year before. As for hotels and travel we are all in the same boat. No one is up the front of the plane, and everyone is in the same places. No one is immune, and remember most salespeople make the vast majority of their money on commission. No deals, no cash!!!!!

Dj101

Big Money
31st Oct 2009, 18:48
Now this is a step in the right direction. Finally want to grow up and start playing like the big boys. Let's hope they can get some people in there who know what they are doing. And now that I have proven myself to be an expert in Aviation Management, my next piece of advice is........