PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Clarkson - Keep our heritage safe!

Big Green Arrow
15th Jul 2001, 23:36
Jez me old, can I call you Jez?

Any way, cracking show, great coverage of jets etc....re your aquisition...just keep it in good nick please!

MightyGem
16th Jul 2001, 00:38
just seen the last show(boo). The helo/car game looks a lot of fun.

Anyway, anybody out there have Lightning
XM 172 in their logbook?

:p

Dimmer Switch
16th Jul 2001, 01:16
Agree - crackin' show. I've been living my life vicariously (is that right?) through Mr C for years now! I wonder if relations between him and Mrs C are back to normal yet, given her views on the Lightning acquisition?!

Wee Weasley Welshman
16th Jul 2001, 03:06
I have followed Jeremy from way back when he was on the last page of Performance Car. He is mild mannered and mellow these days in comparison. I have seen some stuff from his early early days on the Rotherham local newspaper which were 'unusual'.

There is book (I think Virgin published it) of his collected writings covering a good 10 year period and it is an excellent read.

Nice to see a real bloke doing well out of life - good luck to him.

XM147
16th Jul 2001, 23:15
MightyGem
Yes, XM172 appears in my log book several times.... 1965 - 1967 at RAF Coltishall. A fine aeroplane.

BEagle
16th Jul 2001, 23:28
Let's all say Hi to a new member - even if he is a WIWOL!! Welcome, chum!!

DamienB
20th Jul 2001, 17:10
So will anyone think any less of him if you're told he only borrowed it, and it's now back at Booker...? It's to be stuck on a roundabout at Farnborough in the future.

Dimmer Switch
20th Jul 2001, 19:05
Nope. In fact it cheers me to know that he's just like the rest of us - he has to do what the mem sa'ab tells him !

Beeayeate
20th Jul 2001, 21:59
Made a mess of his lawn though didn't it. But then, if I could get one (even "borrowed") I think I could put up with a few wheel marks. Don't know what the wife would say though. Could be that the publicity will swell the numbers going to Bruntingthorpe to see/hear the Lightning fast taxi runs.
Another fine English Electric product.

Captain Kirk
21st Jul 2001, 13:59
The desperate irony is that the very smart Lightning gate guard at Colt was removed - too expensive or unsafe or some such. Unfortunately it appears that Mr Clarkson is more proud of our heritage that some within our own circles.

fingrin
27th Jul 2001, 01:24
RIP - Another Lightning gate guard, but this one had a Jag Shadow painted on the front. Got broken up 2 years ago when another base shut.