PDA

View Full Version : Nearest Mess to Gatwick

Gazeem2
6th Mar 2002, 00:03
The Campaign Against Aviation has scheduled my ATPs ay Gatwick rather than at Oxford as asked for!!. .. .Does anyone know where the nearest or most convienient 'O' mess is to Gatwick.. .. .Failing that a dirt cheap B&B,. .. .Help gratefully recieved

Perky Penguin
6th Mar 2002, 01:20
Putting "Bed & Breakfast + Gatwick" into Google search engine produced 6,670 answers. The first one I looked at was very swish and £40 a night single but I bet there are some cheaper. RAF news has adverts for B&B near Gatwick, usually slanted at people wanting one night before or after a flight. Cant help with the O Mess - what about Headley Court?

Pub User
9th Mar 2002, 03:44
I stayed at Odiham when I did mine. It's just over an hour to Gatwick.

JimNich
9th Mar 2002, 15:51
Gazeem,. .. .Give The CAA a ring, they have a handout (or they did when I did it) of all the local B&B's. Failing that I stayed at the Springwood in Horley on one occasion which which was £30 a night, 01293 775998. About five minutes drive.. .. .Alternatively RAF Northolt is a good bet where I actually stayed for the exams. Its right on the other side of London but the camp is literally right outside a tube station (Ruislip Gardens to Notting Hill to Victoria to Gatwick where a bus will take you to the Belgrano) the journey is a pain but I reckon it was the reason I passed my Air Law.. .. .Any queries don't hesistate to e-mail me and all the very best of luck.. .. .JimNich

Dan Winterland
9th Mar 2002, 16:01
Hi Gazeem,. .. .According to Brize allowances, there is no mess within reasonable travelling distance, so if you are on resettlement you may get rate 1s.. .. .If not, mail or call me. I have some good cheap addresses that are better than the CAA list.. .. .Cheers, DW. . . . <small>[ 09 March 2002, 12:03: Message edited by: Dan Winterland ]</small>