PDA

View Full Version : Caverton Twin Otter Blocks Bonny Runway

JFRozier
21st Oct 2009, 13:12
Caverton Helicopters' Twin Otter which is on contract to the Nigerian LNG project, today ran off the runway at Mobil Producing Nigeria's, Bonny airstrip when trying to turn round short instead of using the turning area at the runway threshold. The aircraft ran off the runway, causing the starborad undercarriage leg to become damaged and the runway is now closed to fixed wing traffic. Nobody was hurt thank goodness. The NCAA have ordered the aircraft left where it is until accident investigators have visited there.

The Twin Otter has been flying LNG passengers to Mobil's airstrip ever since the decision was taken to terminate helicopter flights direct to the LNG residential area, previously carried out by an AW139 of Aero Contractors.

As the Managing Director of MPN was waiting to fly to the airstrip, I dare say there will be questions asked as to whether Caverton may continue to operate to there.

Armen Firman
21st Oct 2009, 22:36
Yeah, well, you get a so-called CEO, who's an MD and a not very experienced floatplane CPL, a CFO who's a member of the Nigerian mafia, a real CEO who can't even run a train-set, a CP who was dismissed for being a bullet magnet and a bunch of other guys who couldn't make it in a real company and ya gets what ya gets :ugh:

stubby4inch
25th Oct 2009, 01:57
lol. running a TO off runway?
I've landed in 100 m or less... how long is this piece of ****?
lol

Patode
25th Oct 2009, 07:48
AF, this is an ideal forum for your type of rantings. The CEO is an experienced Float plane pilot. The chief pilot is not a bullet magnet, and was never dismissed. You'll probably say that the crew of the ACN aircraft that was shot at sometime ago, asked for it, or the Bristow crew that were shot at Eket also asked for it. If you applied to Caverton and was not hired, take heart and apply somewhere else.

Armen Firman
25th Oct 2009, 14:06
I think the real CEO (as opposed to the man who styles himself CEO) is a Nigerian (as required by Nigerian law) with a helicopter PPL.

You are the only one who has even mentioned the crew of the ACN aircraft that was shot at sometime ago, asked for it, or the Bristow crew that were shot at Eket also asked for it.. Something which I didn't because it is not something which I think, but flying through a zone declared prohibited because of the threat of terrorist activity during a Nigerian military operation, is not too clever.

You mean there are people who has applied to Caverton and not been hired? Maybe that has more to do with their non-performing loan of more than $15 million with bank PHB as published by the Central Bank of Nigeria:

Bank Debtors (http://www.chairmanking.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Central_Bank_Nigeria_CBN_Bank_Debtors_10_14_2009.pdf)