PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Europe. Adios Safety Maneger.

barista
20th Oct 2009, 18:00
So. We know time are hard and we need to reduce expendses. A lot of our coleages are now share a job on part pay, times they are hard and morale is low. Just the time when we let slip our concentration and things go wrong.

So why they company fire the good fricking safety maneger? Sure, save a few thousund bucks a month. Great idea :ugh:

Flintstone
20th Oct 2009, 18:35
Ooooh, dear. That doesn't sound good.

I know they're hurting but that's a dangerous step. I don't know the person concerned but heard only good things about him, "The most effective safety manager NJE ever had" being one of them.

Has someone else been appointed to take up the role or has it just been dissolved? As barista said, with morale down and people's minds elsewhere I'd be paying more attention to safety, not less.

New Kid on the Block
20th Oct 2009, 18:43
firstly, it's been a her for a long, long time, secondly she is still at her desk (as of last Friday) and her forced departure will be news to her, the company and probably the good lord himself.

Flintstone
20th Oct 2009, 19:09
Penny drops!

barista, I mis-read your post. I thought you'd written 'Standards' manager. Sound chap by all accounts. Above comments (mine) would still apply, standards and safety going hand in hand.

(Note to self, don't skim read other posts)

redsnail
20th Oct 2009, 19:22
I can assure you the Safety Manager is still in her position. :ok:

However, Standards Manager (MW) will be going back to the line as an FO...:suspect:

Flintstone
20th Oct 2009, 19:26
Thanks for clarifying reddo. Must be a hell of a shock to the system, going back to working for a living* :E

*Put down your pitchforks, private joke for reddo.

redsnail
20th Oct 2009, 19:31
Yep, it'll be different being on the sending rather than the receiving side of MORs. :)

:E

Damianik
26th Oct 2009, 11:04
Can i ask please to close the tread? there is enought misinformation on this site, at least lets delete the complete bollocks, thanks
D

Blackcoffeenosugar
26th Oct 2009, 13:06
This thread will serve as nothing but de-moralizing, if one reads it fast.
I second the motion to close :}

PPRuNeUser0215
26th Oct 2009, 17:26
Or it serves to discredit the guy who wrote the first post. A man on a mission clearly... Not a fact finding mission of course ;)