PDA

View Full Version : Age limits for Flying Training

murphy
15th Jul 2001, 02:32
Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to the upper age limit for Pilot Training within the AAC?

I know the book says 32, but what age are they cutting off at now???

I only ask as I recently heard of a JNCO Aircrewman who passed all phases of Pilot selection, only to be told that he was now too old, at 27!!!!

He needs to fight this decision at the earliest opportunity, because the longer he, and the Corps leave it, the nearer he will be to the true age limit.

When I went through my pilots course, we had two SNCO's, both over thirty, who sucessfully completed the course, so it's not a "learning curve" thing.

Unless...........................Maybe it's a ploy to free up more slots on courses to put young officers in!?!?!.............................Nah, they wouldn't trade experience for rank, would they!!

Yours

Murph x x x

greenie
15th Jul 2001, 23:27
Having had a few dealings with the selection process with the AAC, this is how things are standing at the mo...

Until recently, the last 18 months or so, the upper age limit was infact 34. With the change to the new tri-service training and the likes the age limit took a rapid drop to age 30 except in exceptional circumstances i.e. REME Tiffy's due to course length or those of restricted trade groups who if totally rejected might take legal action!

If you are getting the can at 27 then things are being played underhand. Solution? Put a redress in, it's worked for some!

Eight Eights Blue
17th Jul 2001, 02:15
I believe the upper age limit is 30. You must be starting the course by this age though, however this is the Hairy Arm Corps and anything can change especially in the current climate.
Anyway heard you had a bit of a mishap, everything OK we hope.
How is the heat of the jungle>
Seeya.

murphy
17th Jul 2001, 03:42
Getting better slowly, Thanks!!!Least I'm out of hospital now. Hows Life!!( R U the wingover-to-the-left mate, the brandy-swilling mate or the cheeky 'No winching'-on-my-plaque mate???)Mail me on my profile address!!

Yours

Murph x x x

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: murphy ]

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: murphy ]