PDA

View Full Version : 810 Squadron disbanding

PhotMan
15th Jul 2001, 01:39
I hear that 810 will be flying their aircraft from Culdrose to Sultan this coming Thursday - can anyone confirm this and a time?

It's certainly going to be pretty crowded with the existing Pingers sat out in open storage!

Cheers

bad livin'
15th Jul 2001, 10:16
Hmmm. Saw the remnants of the old 814 last week, including the tiger painted cab! Seems they are to be sold on once they are done being worked on by AE studes...is this correct? Wonder if they'll find paint that'll allow that on the Merlin...

balti king
18th Jul 2001, 22:58
Not sure where the cabs are going but I shall be down at CU next week for the decom ceremony and ensuing ming-a-thon. I know the old Sea King has seen better days but it is sad when they end up being broken up/butchered by baby grubbers.

Harry Peacock
19th Jul 2001, 15:16
If there's some spares going I'll be right over.....
.....could do with a couple of gearboxes and a few rotor blades.

Speaking of 810 any news of Wendy the Welder!! ;)

Oh those days on Engaplonk! :p

Tourist
20th Jul 2001, 18:16
Apparently they will be painting all the merlins in a tiger pattern on the new 814 but in different shades of gray. They have managed to get DERA behind the idea because it is good camoflage. Gray paint is the only type cleared for use unfortunately

oldpinger
23rd Jul 2001, 03:41
Harry

Fond :eek: memories of those first DLs on Tidespring on OFT, hat's off to the brave QHI at the time. My personal record was 2 inches from the rear of the deck with the tail wheel......

Also sad to hear of the passin g of the Sea King, I wonder if they'll flog them to a certain colonial navy....