PDA

View Full Version : Employment for fresh cpl holder in Malaysia for foreigner

Markzai
20th Oct 2009, 04:22
Hi i am a prosepctive Singaporean looking into self sponsoring my cpl in Malaysia.

Recently i took a trip up north to one of the flying schools in Malaysia. I was fortunate enough to speak to the CFI. Thru our conversation, I realised that DCA has imposed a ruling that forbids any foreign fresh cpl holders from getting employment in Malaysia, even as flight instructor. Furthermore, the DCA license which i will get will expire one yr after I graduate. If thats the case, unless i can get a job else where within that one yr, it will be be an uphill task to get my license renewed by DCA thereafter.

Also it was rumoured that one can actually appeal to the DCA authority and they may (if luck is on ur side) review possible emplyment on a case by case basis.

I hope to verify if these infomations are true. :ugh:

Would greatly appreciate any comments, especially from those Singaporean CPL student in Malaysia who are willing to shed more light on these matters.

Thank you and Regards

SHortshaft
21st Oct 2009, 06:07
Not an unusual problem.

Some suggestions:

1. Go back to the country for whch you hold a passport and train there.
2. Meet the requirements and apply for Malaysian Citizenship, then get a Malasian license
3. Meet the requirements and apply for Singapore Citizenship and get a Singapore licence.
4. Apply for Singaporean PR, do Singapore national service and get a Singapore licence.
5. Go to Australia and get an Australian licence
6. Go to the US and get an FAA licence.

Left Wing
21st Oct 2009, 06:59
if u speak Mandarin...apply to Chinese airlines...with FAA for CASA - CPL..

training wheels
21st Oct 2009, 11:12
When you say you're a prospective Singaporean, do you mean you're a citizen of another country about to become a Singapore citizen? If so, then being a Singaporean means you can apply for the SIA cadetship. That's probably your best bet. I've heard even Tiger Airways will be running a cadetship in the future as well.

2. Meet the requirements and apply for Malaysian Citizenship, then get a Malasian

What are the requirements for getting Malaysian Citizenship? Would marrying a Malaysian girl get me automatic Malaysian citizenship? I have a Malaysian Facebook contact to whom I can get married to pretty easily and the best part of this deal is that she even cook a mean nasi goreng! :ok:

Skybound79
23rd Oct 2009, 03:12
Just some points to add on:

1. In Singapore, you only get a CAAS licence IF you are employed by SIA/SilkAir/Tiger or the RSAF.

2. For SIA/SilkAir/SIACargo, you get in either as a Cadet or a Captain. For those interested to go for the cadetship, it doesn't really matter whether one has an existing (foreign) flying licence or not.

3. Tiger Airways does not have a cadetship, and unlikely to do so at all as it wouldn't have the resources to do so. At present word has it that Tiger is collaborating with STATA Singapore to accept STATA's MPL graduates for line training and employment.

Cheers!

abhi88
23rd Oct 2009, 15:53
have a Malaysian Facebook contact to whom I can get married to pretty easily and the best part of this deal is that she even cook a mean nasi goreng!

:}..Also the privilige of becoming a BOLEH-lander!