PDA

View Full Version : A320 linetraining with Eagle Jet

Danishpilot80
19th Oct 2009, 15:27
Hi,
I am on the list of people waiting to do the linetraining with Eagle Jet. I have waited now about 4 months since my type rating. I would like to hear if anybody is in the same boat or already have been sent - in that case where and are you satisfied with it..

Stratobus
19th Oct 2009, 19:39
Eagle Jet have a new agreement to do this with Wizz Air,...hmmm but Wizz want to train they own guys first..maybe a little delay perhaps

BigNumber
19th Oct 2009, 20:25
If the Type Rating was completed with the same, then shame on Eagle Jet.

My concern would be, for a first type rating / zero 'Line Time' pilot, a four month delay will deliver a measurable 'Skill Fade'.

Ridiculous, and a poor show. I had thought much higher of Eagle Jet and will revise my view.

If you are joining purely for a 'Line Training Package' then clearly the above does not apply ( unless something had been contracted ).

punk666
19th Oct 2009, 20:42
Im in a similar boat but im doing the 737NG out in morocco and have been waiting since august but i should be receiving my clearance the end of next week and getting a start date.

mjboeve
20th Oct 2009, 09:49
I am also on the list, did my A320 TR and now waiting for 1,5 month. They said it will take 3 months. (on the list)

ford cortina
20th Oct 2009, 10:05
Sounds like typical Eagle Jet. 4 Months, well thats life I am afraid.
As for Skill Fade, you have just passed a type rating, you do not yet know how to fly the aircraft, not really anyway, thats what your line training is for. To be fair though, you should be upto speed on the books.:ok:

EchoBravo
20th Oct 2009, 10:12
Hi,
I am on the list of people waiting to do the linetraining with Eagle Jet. I have waited now about 4 months since my type rating. I would like to hear if anybody is in the same boat or already have been sent - in that case where and are you satisfied with it..

Don't worry about your Type rating, Wizzair will give u a new one..:ok:

Danishpilot80
20th Oct 2009, 12:20
ok. Thanks for your replies. I donīt know if Eagle are starting to work with Wizz Air or not. I called Eagle Jet and was told that they have something up and coming but he couldnīt say when.. I was told that I am in the next group that will be sent out though.
And regarding the keeping up my Airbus skills while waiting I donīt believe thatīs an issue. I keep myself up to date with the FCOMīs (nightreading - good for sleep..), I have a FMGS that I practice on and the CBT is always available for going through again. Can also always watch TAP on youtube for keeping up with emergencies and other ECAM situations. And I have heard from other people who didnīt use their typerating for a year befotre they started - and it shouldnīt be a problem.

stevieboy
20th Oct 2009, 16:24
Danishpilot, are you waiting for the JAA or ICAO program? Last I spoke with EJ they are not taking more pilots for the ICAO A320 program, has that changed recently? I was also informed the waiting period can be over 8 month?

Danishpilot80
20th Oct 2009, 17:57
It's a JAA type rating I have so I believe it can be both ICAO and JAA.. I haven't heard anything about a waiting time of 8 months. 2 weeks ago I was told they might have something coming up pretty soon - so let's see what happens. Have you got reliable info about the 8 months? I was told that they will not use Asian bases for a while - that's all. I do know that EJ are talking with some European companies. For that you need a JAA approved type rating I would presume.

joaocaracol
21st Oct 2009, 21:35
Did you pay to EJ or only at the start of Line Training?

stevieboy
22nd Oct 2009, 14:47
Danishpilot, the information I've been given by EJ is only for the ICAO A320 program. Like what you've said, there aren't offering any asian base right now.

The Wizz Air TR + 500 hours Line Training cost seemed bit steep. EJ wants € 54,000 EUROS including VAT. :(

Danishpilot80
22nd Oct 2009, 14:49
No, I haven't paid anything so far. You pay a small amount when they offer you a company to work with (if you accept) and then you pay the rest when you start working at the company.

buckcrackers
8th Nov 2009, 14:04
Has anyone got information on OAA programme with BMI 150hrs line :confused:

SW1
9th Nov 2009, 10:45
Do you mean the ATP scheme? That uses Oxfords sims in Heathrow or Gatwick and leads to 150 hours line training with BMI.

http://www.simulator-experience.com/

Nearly There
9th Nov 2009, 11:59
Would that be The BMI who have announced job losses....will be interesting to see what happens here, FOs being let go, and pay to fly filling the seats?

BigNumber
9th Nov 2009, 20:29
I thought the ATP Scheme was with BMI Mainline; redundancy is only yet announced at Baby.

I stand to be corrected?

ACP
9th Nov 2009, 22:20
Hi,

I strongly suggest you to think twice before buying a line training: I did 300 hours of line training on the A321 with one of the EJ's partner airlines based in Turkey (before the DGCA change their rules for Xpats pilots).

After the 300 hours, I (and the other ''students'') were sent back home for the reason that the airline couldn't renew our work permit.
Since that time (about 1.5 years ago) I have never found any job on the Airbus. One of my friends was fortunate to get a job in Europe but the salary is about 1700 Euros (altough he has more than 800 hours on type....)
I didn't find any job on TP : I've been told by some chief pilots that they don't wan't to hire jet experienced pilots because we might leave for a jet job as soon as the opportunity will arise.

I am lucky I had an instructor rating and I am still flying but most of my friends are still looking for a F/O job on the A320 (even with 300hrs experience on type).

So I wish you very good luck! If I had the opportunity to come back in the past, I would have never done the A320 rating!!

lilpilot
10th Nov 2009, 22:15
You are gambling a big bit with this program especially if you take on east europe. There are plenty of qualified pilots in the east european region. If you are danish you might want to wait for a scandinavian option. Technically what you are about to do is against the labour laws in the EU. To add insult to injury Hungary is not a JAR country, so Wizz has a non JAR AOC. For this out-and-back-sourcing to fly EJ needs to remain unseen. To get to the point wizz either backs out or becomes easily attackable. In times rolling everyone turns the other way, but in times of recession labour protection becomes priority.

Ash12
3rd Oct 2011, 18:45
Hey mate

sorry i have a quick question.
are you happy with the package Eagle jet offered you on 320. is it not a bit to expensive.