PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Leave...

dopeonarope
13th Jul 2001, 21:38
I am doing a survey (& trying to get TL)

Applied for Terminal Leave after I PVR'd told sorry no can do "you ain't done 16 years (1 year short of that) and you have PVR'd so out of luck."

If I had completed a 12 year engagement I would have got TL. Where is the thanks that one gets for doing extra time and being extra loyal. Its bad enough when you PVR (or NGR) you drop a band in Flying pay!

Mate of mine - same terms of service (apart from being ground crew)got TL. I used his case to approach PMA.... reply "mistake by his unit not us etc etc."

I have still one ace up my sleeve with another friend who is on TL at the moment. Will try PMA again when he has finally been discharged.

I am trawling this forum to find any others who have had Terminal Leave who were suprised that they got it because they also were not entitled.

The regulations suck as they don't give anything if people have been more loyal. (Yes I know I PVR'd so wheres my loyalty....Loyalty is a 2 way thing remember, and I have run out of Loyalty Pills (inability from stores or "It's the last one - some one might want it!"

Hoist to Crew Winching Over & OUT! :mad:

D-IFF_ident
13th Jul 2001, 22:56
Dope - Hand your 1250 in and walk out the door on the day you think you should start TL - what they gonna do about it?

bingysa
14th Jul 2001, 16:42
All depends on how long you have served since 'reckonable service' is what decides if you are entitled or not. I think 12 years is the cut off but don't quote me.

You ain't seen me... right!!

John Nichol
14th Jul 2001, 18:49
I got renundancy in 96 after 15 years service - 14 years reakonable from age 18. I had all the entitlements to TL, courses etc.

Scorpius
15th Jul 2001, 23:42
John

It's beyond me why the RAF made navigators (or any aircrew ) redundant. At my secret Lincolnshire base there is a projected serious short fall of navs in the very near future! I know it's not just a localised problem. I think recruiting may be one area that needs some work but there is only so long you can keep extending time ex'd spec aircrew!

mindstorm
15th Jul 2001, 23:51
While I was on exchange with the navy about 5 years ago, observers were being made redundant while they were actively recruiting.

"Excuse me sir, what qualifications do you have to be an observer in the navy?"

"Well I'm as Lieutenant and qualified observer."

"Oh and what relevance is that?"

This is about the same as the Air Forces logic.

The Scarlet Pimpernel
16th Jul 2001, 02:20
Having just walked out of the door on a PVR I can tell you that I got no TL, but did get 4 weeks resettlement thanks to the amount of time I had served. The rools, in my opinion, regarding TL and more importantly, reduction in FP, suck donkeys.... :mad: