PDA

View Full Version : IATA Suspends Bellview Airlines

Yarba
19th Oct 2009, 12:44
According to the Champion, IATA has susended Bellview Airlines:

The troubles of Bellview Airlines seem to have been compounded further following notification by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) that it has suspended the airline with immediate effect from the association's clearing house.

IATA, in a notice to Billing Settlement Plan (BSP) participants and all its accredited travel agents, informed that all travel agents should stop immediately all ticketing in regard to the airline.

The statement posted on the IATA website sent to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), reads: "We would like to inform you that IATA has suspended Bellview Airlines (B3 -208) with immediate effect, as the airline has ceased operations. The suspension from the BSP is in accordance with the provisions in Resolution 850 Attachment F.

"BSP Travel Agents should stop immediately all ticketing and refund transactions through the GDSs and BSP link; continue to remit funds to the BSP.

"IATA will be pursuing an agreement with the airline management and/or the appointed administrator to formalize the ticket refund process. IATA will keep you updated of any new developments as and when they transpire."

It would be recalled that last week, Bellview Airlines grounded its operations, both domestic and regional, due to various challenges, including lack of aircraft to ply the routes.

The airline had told the media that it was only trying to restructure to provide efficient service to its passengers, stressing that the carrier tends to bounce back next month when the six aircraft it ordered for would have flown into the country.

But a source claimed, "It is not true that (NCAA) grounded Bellview Airlines. The airline with regards to international standard; decided to shut down its operations temporarily, pending the time the aircraft they ordered would be flown into the country. Instead of rescheduling your flights and outright cancellations, it is better if the airline takes the option to re-organize itself," the source said.

However, with this notification, Bellview Airlines can no longer interline with airlines that it has codesharing agreements with, thus compounding the challenges it will face refunding fares.

This is more so as Saturday Champion gathered that the airline has sold tickets up to December on all of its routes.

IFLy4Free
19th Oct 2009, 15:25
This is probably good news for the traveler. I flew on Bellview a couple years ago and it was not fun!

eagleflier
19th Oct 2009, 17:11
What a shame:O

Heard they interviewed ab-initio crew and are looking for guys that'll type rate themselves on the ERJ.

SalesConsult
23rd Oct 2009, 10:11
Let them be put to sleep. Sympathise with the Drivers and other crews though:\

stubby4inch
25th Oct 2009, 02:04
u knew this was coming...

Rani
25th Oct 2009, 05:48
I wonder where ZAZOO is now to convince us that MR. Kayode has another trick up his sleeves! Probably a cyanide pill this time :hmm::yuk:

NIJASEA
25th Oct 2009, 13:41
sorry to hear this, Bellview was among the top 10 Airlines in the WORLD. Great loss:sad:

Rani
25th Oct 2009, 14:25
You're joking, I do hope. Probably a pioneering company that served its purpose. But hardly an exemplary airline! The staff was once known for their arrogance and "we own Nigeria since we're the only international airline" attitude. Their PR director is (was) a %!#$%#$% and I hope he ends up mopping floors.

NIJASEA
25th Oct 2009, 16:39
Now i have stopped laughing, Bellview should have been shut down a long time ago, sub-standard aircraft and sub-standard crew... Good riddance i say.

skygod
26th Oct 2009, 19:21
Guys it aint over till its over, the guy is doing what every buissness man would do during hard times..There just changing a few things and theyll be back. Im quite sure....Its a long race. This man falls down kicking..Kayode will definately be back.
His management style will never change i know. time will tell..Sure every 1 is on zero salary.

skygod

411A
27th Oct 2009, 19:52
...Sure every 1 is on zero salary.

Never a good sign.:}

mtoroshanga
27th Oct 2009, 20:05
You should have a sence of adventure, flying with Bellview was like going for a ride in the Tardus!

hotmj43
28th Oct 2009, 15:40
Well Skygod.........Kayode as you choose to call him , has failed to realise that the playing field he so often spoke about has changed big time, and the dos of the past are no longer. He has dug himself, far too deep this time.
He has sent most of the staff home,still having not paid STAFF for the past six months......what management style.....Zero, no sir, its negative.
Regretable in this apparant change of the aviation face in Nigeria, or at least
an attempt at a change of face.
Well lets see what the regulator will do !!!!!

NIJASEA
29th Oct 2009, 02:43
As much as I hate to say this they could well suprise everyone and start up again, after all it a LONG RACE.

atedo
29th Oct 2009, 07:48
It's a Long Race and We are still in the Gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!:=:rolleyes::ugh:

dejidip
29th Oct 2009, 11:04
Of course bluetail is still in the gym,I wish all other Airlines will be given the same opportunties by the regulatory authorities,what is good for MR A had better be used on Mr B.We are all watching,A precedence has been set Period.Keep jogging for survival.All the best for the benefit of my dear loyal Bluetail professionals.Dont be FOOLED by empty ODK and his fellow travellers.

eagleflier
30th Oct 2009, 08:50
Let's see how many more airlines follow in Bellview's shoes, with the banks vaults shut.

dejidip
30th Oct 2009, 09:56
Yeah,the biz of flyn largely depends on banks albeit,If u dont service your loans then ur ****d,the ability to pay back something is wat matters.We all individually take personal loans and we service them.Road closed to those airlines that take OPM and throw parties wthout thinking of pay back time.Yes lets wait and see how many thrifts remain in biz,The beat goes on,lets see how far wer al gonna kip dancing.:8:cool:

parisjet
3rd Dec 2009, 19:41
Hi, D you know when and where the interviews took place, and was it only for the ERJ?