PDA

View Full Version : Airmen/Aircrew Visit

Mumbler
3rd Mar 2002, 16:55
Does anyone know the best person to contact for a tour round the school at Cranwell? This is to hopefully serve as an advantage for when I apply for AEOp this summer. Thankyou...

TimC
4th Mar 2002, 04:02
The AFCO i went through got me booked on a visit to NAATS at Cranwell last year. Try contacting NAATS to find out when the next visit is. As far as I am aware, they run one a month or thereabouts.

bad livin'
4th Mar 2002, 12:58
Try calling ops desk, 55(R)Sqn at Cranwell. I seem to remember once hearing that would be a good place to start.. .. .Rgds . .BL

Shouting Rad-Alt
6th Mar 2002, 23:57
It would also show initiative to visit the Stations that employ AA!!

m2mob
7th Mar 2002, 02:18
NAAS at Cranwell used to run (and I think still do) a day visit for prospective OASC candidates. It was the last Friday of the month (I think)! Contact either NAAS or AATS direct for more info careers offices should have the numbers. Visiting Sqns looks good on your CV - most Sqns have an AA visits liaison Snco - I am One. Write to the OC of the relevent Sqn and it will be passed on.. .Oh and GOOD LUCK.. .. .Barrier broken - Load moving - Load gone!

Judge Rembrandt
7th Mar 2002, 02:28
F3Ste,. .Checked with Cranwell today:. .If you are a serving airmen and wish to arrange a visit to RAFC Cranwell, telephone 95751 x6699 and speak to either "V" or Sandra - both very helpful ladies - and they will fix it for you! If you are a direct entrant go to your AFCO and they will arrange it for you. If for some reason the AFCO are not aware that this facility exists, you may want to "help" them with the following number: 01400 261201 x 6699, where once again "V" or Sandra will asssist them. . .Good luck with your application. My advice to you would be to get as fit as you possibly can before visiting the OASC, and if selected for any aircrew training, get fitter still!!. .JR