PDA

View Full Version : Flying in to Morocco and Senegal

Lime Rock
19th Oct 2009, 10:19
Hi all.

My boss is planning a trip to Agadir and Dakar in a busines jet and I wonder if you can give me some pointers with regards to handling agents/ practical hints etc etc? Never flown in Africa before.

I have posted this in the African section but wanted to cover up by having the post here as well.

/Best wishes

Der_Fischmeister
19th Oct 2009, 10:46
may you wanna try Hadid ...
Cheers

lear60fellow
19th Oct 2009, 15:42
western oriented airports,no big deal, as any other in europe. In Agadir some tips (5-10€-20€) or marlboro´s will help you

atcfalcon
19th Oct 2009, 18:16
We have been using Caeroscene Flight Support for our dispatching needs for a couple of months now - regularly flying to Africa, but they always handled it without any problems...

dc9-32
19th Oct 2009, 20:14
Don't use Hadid unless you have a bottomless pocket :mad:

PM me if you need help. Cheers

flywithjabir
21st Oct 2009, 21:13
No need to stress, very nice people, just be carefull about any suspicious goods you can find in the acft.

lear60fellow
22nd Oct 2009, 07:21
Forgot to say, lock up everything, never let aircraft unattended or let anybody in, holds locked. As I said, marlboro´s, cokes, sodas or some beer cans will help you. They are not stresses and will try to get all they can before you leave, thay are nice people but know their limits.

Lime Rock
22nd Oct 2009, 10:25
I wish to thank you for the input. It will be a most rewarding trip with regards to learning.

LGW Vulture
22nd Oct 2009, 11:22
You will be amazed what might might happen when you are parked - especially in CMN. e.g. Chocks going walkies, people asking questions regarding who owns your bird - even the Law! Handling agents who are more used to airliners than VIPs. Boy its fun! But enjoy! ;)

sycamore
25th Oct 2009, 17:48
Dakar; if you can take lots of little sachets of milk,coffee,tea,sugar,frozen food ,you would normally dump,put into `sicky bags`(unused !) and give to agent ,fuel man,guard,;carry your own toilet roll,bottled water only, no ice in drinks; carry a big torch ,even in the hotel; don`t go walking around far from the hotel. Don`t get involved with the `nightfighters`(girls/boy-girls); if you have a `bag-man`,stay with him,don`t let your `cards` be out of your sight -anywhere(keep in yr `shreds),no `bling`, ;disinsect thoroughly,check for stowaways,snakes/spiders in u/c/jetpipe/pitots.....Apart from that, have a nice time.....

46Davis
26th Oct 2009, 00:41
I haven't been to Dakar in living memory, but Morocco is still Morocco. Air traffic control is OK when working high control, but when you get down to the tower level, it's the same old ex-colony resentful way of dealing with foreigners. Expect to be handled in a rule-bound sulky manner and not allowed to descend until too late or almost too late. If a tower operator has more than two airplanes to control, they'll be saturated and likely put you on a delay vector or in a hold.

The handlers will handle everything efficiently in my experience, but know what you're paying for each little service, like the ride into town. It could be a rude shock. Also, book your own hotel. They'll likely put you in whatever hotel gives the best commission to the handler's employee. You might not like it. Beware of bars: they pull the old, "you were buying drinks for those people who you were talking with" routine. Police are useless unless you're a human rights advocate, then they're ruthlessly efficient. Any disputes, call the handler.