PDA

View Full Version : BA crew BKK incident

Phil Space
18th Oct 2009, 16:47
The days when a crew let their hair down are long gone.
Read this
Handbags at dawn! - British Airways in Bangkok at Andrew Drummond (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/10/09/handbags-at-dawn-british-airways-in-bangkok/)

The captain did not seem interested or responsible for the cabin crews antics
pre flight.

Andrew Drummond is a respected journo but more important with a father who was an ex RAF pilot he is not anti aviation.

Mobile phones and the tabloids mean the days of the wild partys and landing drinks are long gone.

Lamyna Flo
18th Oct 2009, 18:45
Andrew Drummond is a respected journo

Respected journo? Yet in the linked article he could barely string a coherent sentence together. I'm sorry, but that piece looked like gutter press at its best. Hard to take seriously, to be honest. "Mountain" and "molehill" are two words that spring to mind, having read the article. IMHO, of course ;)

merlinxx
18th Oct 2009, 18:53
With legs like those, the CC Ladies could have just sat on them all:{:E

Basil
18th Oct 2009, 19:41
The crew may or may not have omitted to pay their bill; that's their problem. Hardly a news item.
Although not necessarily relevant to the report, it would appear that Thailand is not now all smiling faces and has a nasty side directed at the tourist. The police have a reputation for corruption and conspiracy and there are reports of shakedown scams operating in the airside shops.
Enroute Oz, we now try to avoid BKK and travel via SIN.

HKPAX
18th Oct 2009, 21:59
Absolutely bang on Basil. Thailand is heading its way onto the "risk list" in Asia.

LLoyd Bonafide
19th Oct 2009, 02:19
I agree. BOAC would never allow their hostesses to look like that.

-Lloyd Bonafide

finncapt
19th Oct 2009, 09:00
I wonder what the true motive is for publishing this story.

I think most aviation people have heard the joke before - I think it was even told against me once!!!

Carnage Matey!
19th Oct 2009, 10:21
Apparently the crew paid the bill but then the manager arrived holding up a substantially larger bill than one could feasibly drink in BKK. Oh well, looks like we'll all be avoiding her bar next from now on.

BillS
19th Oct 2009, 10:29
"With legs like those, the CC Ladies could have just sat on them all"
I agree. BOAC would never allow their hostesses to look like that.
Check the visual dimensions of the handluggage.
20 seconds with Photoshop will correct the 50% horizontal stretch.
Perhaps indicates the quality of the rest of a report that even the Sun did not publish.

overstress
19th Oct 2009, 12:17
The journalist has closed his blog to comments due to it being a non-issue, perhaps moderators should do the same here?

Beware of tourist rip-offs in BKK, taxi drivers will often try it on as well IMHO