PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pay

Charlie Luncher
25th Jun 2001, 20:43
I know this is a common subject but-

I have submitted my NGR(18 months notice) and found out today I have been dropped to the lower rate of Flyng Pay. During my investigations with handbrake house no mention was made of this. A brother left last year and did not suffer a drop.

Anyone have a similar experience before I go into battle with head handbrake holder I would hate to have to write an apology for spilling the blood of a bluntie for no reason.

Charlie sends

The Gorilla
26th Jun 2001, 02:15
It is standard practice as per the AP3392 that if you either NGR or PVR, then you go down from the higher rate of flying pay to the middle rate. This is because flying pay is viewed as a retention incentive.

I suggest that you do what I will do when the situation happens to me. Give 28 days notice that you no longer wish to draw flying pay, and on day 29 refuse to fly until your service is terminated.

tu chan go
26th Jun 2001, 11:58
If you had passed your 38/16 point, you would not have dropped down a flying pay scale at all!! And you would be eligible for resettlement and terminal leave! And you would still be entitled to the gratuity and pension (slightly reduced)!! If you had spoken to PMC instead of the semi-professionals in Handbrake House, you would have been told this!

Charlie Luncher
26th Jun 2001, 17:55
Panic over!

After beating bluntie over head with AP3392 Vol 2 discovered that this is the rule for all "Those who entered flying training on or after 1 oct 89(30 jun 88 for blue bloods) who request early exit by PVR, or exercise their general right to discharge by giving 18 months notice, before completing 22 years reckonable service, will revert to the Initial Rate from the date of application".

Then used handbrake handle to finish bluntie off for not checking my date. Of course I now have to wait till next month to recover the funds.

Tu can

sorry old boy but as you may have guessed by now I am a scumbag no blue blood, but thank you for your time.

Gorilla
good luck!

Charlie sends

[This message has been edited by Charlie Luncher (edited 26 June 2001).]

Mightycruseven
26th Jun 2001, 23:08
Good luck in Oz Charlie,

Hope everything goes well for you. Don't forget to check the dunny for those red backs - would be a nasty sight on your behind!!!

Are you having a bash up here at Ice Station Kilo to say gi'day to your old pals before u leave???

Dimmer Switch
27th Jun 2001, 01:02
Jings Mightycr....etc.,etc., I was just enjoying having seen Charlie Luncher finally confessing to being scum, and then you usher in the entirely unnecessary, and thoroughly unwelcome image of his **** !!!!! Yuch!

But good news on the wonga front Charlie - hurrah!

Charlie Luncher
27th Jun 2001, 12:35
Mighty

I have just completed level 1 of my UK tour - Doncaster! Had a walk through FYY back to the scene of many a crime. Next will be Newquay in the UK before my final dates at Ice station Kilo. I hear there are still a few wives who fancy a shot at the title. There are also a few lose ends(women) in New Elgin to tie up for the benefit of mankind and young siggies.

As for the redbacks one curry from the Prince of Darkness should sort out any living organism in my dunny.

Now then Dimmer I imagine that if I was to wear some white jeans you may have fond memories on the bottom subject. Be gentle with the new boy he needs a rest after putting up with me down here.

Charlie sends.

stbd beam
27th Jun 2001, 13:45
I hear from your performance in Donny that you need to be renamed "one nite wonder", matey. Incident in the car park prior to the nights festivities ! You are only getting invited to Newquay if you promise not to chuck up any more. Photos available folks from www.charlieluncherisalady.co.uk. (http://www.charlieluncherisalady.co.uk.) Rogerthat/stbd beam sends.

[This message has been edited by stbd beam (edited 27 June 2001).]

Charlie Luncher
28th Jun 2001, 00:14
Now then roger and stbd

I may have had a hiccup that went wrong but I want you both to follow through with me on this - which makes better reading?
The slow shuffle along the drag from chris's kebab.
Or the short sprint from sight and sound in sig.
At least I was never caught

What do I hear roger singing, is that Scotlands for me! Have fun
Charlie sends

stbd beam
28th Jun 2001, 01:47
yup, ya got me there, my favourite shorts.

Larrikin
28th Jun 2001, 23:56
Charlie, Looking forward to you coming up to Jo's for a last fling. Invitations to slappers have already gone out. Have instucted them to bring their own "bags" (two each!)
And remember, if you smell burning - it's probably you!! Ah yes, I think a bit of Bog-Trotter en flambe will do nicely!!
C U soon ?
Larrikin

Gen. Bombdabastards
2nd Jul 2001, 00:02
Dear Charlie Luncher
I'm glad you ran this link, I give my notice on Tuesday under the impression that I would drop one level of FP. My 22 is up on Monday and I go onto my higher rate w.e.f Tuesday, I was waiting until then so that I'd drop onto my middle rate. I'd appreciate an e-mail with any other info if you would be so kind.

Another one leaving the sinking ship

Regards

------------------

pingerpuke
5th Jul 2001, 21:31
This is standard in the RN too - if you PVR before your 12/16 years are up, you automatically drop 1 level of flying pay (ie higher to middle, middle to lower.)

I have heard that this is being disputed by someone in the FAA at the moment (819 at Prestwick?) as it doesn't apply to any other SSP in the RN (eg submarine pay, diving pay etc.) but only to flying pay. As the RN has said for years that flying pay is not a retention bonus, "they" can hardly turn round and say you lose that retention pay if you chose to leave.

I'm not holding my breath though...

xsimba
6th Jul 2001, 23:23
Very interesting. Having PVRd and left a while ago it would appear that I shouldn't have lost my flying pay. I think I may be doing some research and having a chat with a suitable solicitor. Those thieving gits owe me a small fortune!