PDA

View Full Version : Tail wheel aircraft to rent in the Perth area.

Bla Bla Bla
18th Oct 2009, 11:15
I'm looking for a tail wheel aircraft to rent within a couple of hours of Perth, most of the Jandakot aircraft are bloody expensive.

I have a cpl and good hours for insurance, would like to find a machine that is more available than most at Jandakot, so I can get away a bit in it. Used to work as an aircraft engineer so know how to care for any one's precious toy.

Bla Bla Bla
18th Oct 2009, 11:56
Why is Sydney near to Perth!

And as I can't think of an operator at Jandakot with a retractable turbine tail wheel this would generally suggest your normal fixed piston wouldn't it!

Lancelot37
18th Oct 2009, 13:39
Any of the following suitable?

Bunbury Aero Club - Aircraft (http://www.bunburyaeroclub.com.au/aircraft.html)

BrazDriver
19th Oct 2009, 00:18
WannabeQF, you are the wannabe windup artist in so many threads! :yuk:

Bla Bla Bla
19th Oct 2009, 05:58
Lancelot37,

Thanks for that but if I'm going to do any flying outside work I'm only interested in tail wheel aircraft.

Bla Bla Bla
19th Oct 2009, 10:56
Must be someone with a tail wheel a/c who could do with it doing a few extra hours. I look after aircraft like they are my own, wish they were.

ZEEBEE
19th Oct 2009, 12:22
Bla Bla if you want to PM me, I may be able to help.

j3pipercub
19th Oct 2009, 12:38
WannabeQF, you are the wannabe windup artist in so many threads!

Yeah bu then someday someone will find out his real identity and he'll be seriously screwed:}

Virtually There
20th Oct 2009, 07:12
ACFT has a couple of Super Decathlons. Not sure how long they hire for, as they use them a fair bit for training. Call: (08) 9417 1927 or visit Advanced Cockpit Flight Training - Jandakot WA (http://www.acft.com.au).

Failing that, phone any of the Jandakot clubs/schools and enquire - someone will know someone.

Bla Bla Bla
20th Oct 2009, 08:47
Yeah thanks for that but I used to fly those very expensive Decath's and there is not much else at Jandakot. And anyway I just hate hiring from flying schools as the planes are either late back and not ready for you or U/S or a number of other things.

YPJT
21st Oct 2009, 03:02
Too expensive, not available when you want it. Sounds like a perfect reason to go out and buy your own aircraft and get a reality check at the same time. :ugh:

Chimbu chuckles
21st Oct 2009, 05:23
Well said YPJT:ok:

People like Bla Bla Bla are JUST ONE reason why my aircraft will never grace an aeroclub line again - nor see the bum of an aircraft renter sat in it - EVER.

Bla Bla Bla
21st Oct 2009, 08:15
The last two posts are a great example of the kind of people who use pprune to vent the frustration of there own petty lives.

I have been contacted by a very kind chap who owns a tail wheel a/c and is a far better deal than the flying schools at Jandakot, reality check complete!

Goat Whisperer
21st Oct 2009, 10:32
Chipmunk at JT is a hoot!

Chimbu chuckles
21st Oct 2009, 12:02
Petty - us?

Hey you're the one who wants your aviation habit subsidised by someone else.

Bla Bla Bla
21st Oct 2009, 12:26
I don't have a habit I have a career, but I do like to fly for fun as well.

I have rented aircraft from many private owners over the years in many country's and have always found it more cost effective and generally more available and I certainly did not have anyone subsidize my private flying.

Thank you for your informed and intelligent comments!

poteroo
21st Oct 2009, 12:34
Bla Bla Bla

There are very few taildraggers available for hire ex JT for very good reason - history!

I've been flying out of there since 1970, and seen the demise of some lovely t/w aircraft due to incompetent instructors and their egotistical students. The attitudes of some schools and instructors have been truly amazing. Groundloops have been covered up, damage not recorded,and incompetence overlooked. It's only when the owner takes the t/w to a different maintainer that the bad news happens.

That's why you pay more for t/w aircraft, and why there are so few to hire.

An owner would have to be insane to cross-hire a t/w aircraft to anyone there, because it just does not allow for safe t/w operation. Too much rush-rush-rush with touch and goes, often cross-wind conflicted, and sealed runways. For students to really learn t/w flying, they need to be in a better learning environment - out in the sticks with a chance to focus their attention 100% on learning to handle the aircraft. Tackle the JT environment when you're able to manage the airplane.

happy days,

Bla Bla Bla
21st Oct 2009, 12:43
I'm fully aware of the situation and I'm not looking to learn to fly T/W as I have been for sometime, I'm not training or building hours did that along time ago. I said a while back it looks like I have found the right owner and aircraft, so I can just do some flying for fun.

You are right what you say about T/W aircraft, they also are generally not of interest to a lot of the guys/gals training these days, they don't know what they are missing.

I tried to convince my boss in Africa to get a C185 for freight runs into the bush but we both agreed that you cannot often find the CPL's with the skills to operate them safely in what could quite often be a very challenging flying environment.:ok:

Frank Arouet
1st Aug 2014, 08:29
Tail wheel aeroplane?

You mean a conventional undercarriage aeroplane?

Alas, not many people can fly them these days, hence nearly all operators cater for car drivers, of which there are many.

nig&nog
1st Aug 2014, 11:44
got_wheel

Pm me and I can put you onto an old mate who's Decathlon has just got back online after an engine rebuild. He took me up the other day and it flew well, it was a good change from the usual RPT stuff, quite enjoyable.

Nig

aeromatt
3rd Aug 2014, 14:47
If the timing of this post has anything to do with the fire spotting job on AFAP, I believe FMN (ex DPaW Scout) may be online at RACWA.

solowflyer
3rd Aug 2014, 21:15
It's funny how this time of year I get several PMs from guys wanting info about spotting and is a mad rush for people looking for tail wheel time in Perth.