PDA

View Full Version : CASA Day VFR Syllabus / PPL(a) KDR Question

Jazzy78910
17th Oct 2009, 23:28
I recently completed my PPL(a) theory test, and having got a few questions wrong I was issued with a CASA KDR (Knowledge Deficiency Report) stating the areas that need attention.

Since the testing officer will quiz me on these deficiencies on the day of my flight test, I need to brush up in the mean time. The KDR gives references to the Day VFR Syllabus, but I cannot make sense of the reference numbers offered in relation to the numbers in the Syllabus itself, eg:

KDR says -
Factors affecting take-off and landing performance: Syllabus reference 2.8.4.2
Hyperventilation: Syllabus reference 2.11.4.1
TEM - examples of threat 11.15(b)

How do I use these numbers to find the appropriate reference in the Day VFR? If someone could tell me what I'm missing it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

tmpffisch
17th Oct 2009, 23:34
Just brush up on your p-charts, hyperventilation knowledge, TEM, as you'd get quized on those, PLUS anything else the ATO feels like asking you.

But to look it up, its on:
Factors affecting take-off and landing performance: Syllabus reference 2.8.4.2 PAGE 99
Hyperventilation: Syllabus reference 2.11.4.1 PAGE 110
TEM - examples of threat 11.15(b) PAGE 114

Cap'n Arrr
18th Oct 2009, 00:31
If you have a copy of the syllabus handy, it works like so

the 1st number (2 in this case) is for which "block" the syllabus point is part of. Block 1 is up to GFPT, Block 2 is PPL/CPL

The 2nd number (8) is the topic in that block. So you would open up the syllabus to Block 2, then find the topic number 8 (looks to be performance)

3rd number is the heading number, and 4th number is the actual syllabus point. Some points are further subdivided into letters ( a) b) c) etc), like your TEM example. Because Human Factors was a late addition to the syllabus, it is all in the one section right at the back of the syllabus (number 11).

Hope that helps:ok: