PDA

View Full Version : Help us

Paul619
17th Oct 2009, 06:06
Hi All.

Let me tell you S.Korea's civil aviation medical situation.
1.We have many AME and hospital which has some AME and we can get a medical certificate anywhere outside of company by Korean aviation law.
But company made their own rule that all pilots of company should take medical exam to get a certificate only at the company medical center every year and company is striving to keep this rule in order to control pilots.
2. If we get medical certificate outside of Korea, company and our government do not accept as effective one, because of the Korean aviation law.
So we need the other country’s civil aviation medical situation, such as how pilots renew medical certificate.
All the other country’s situations will be appreciate and U.S.A, EU counties, Japan’s will be more appreciate.

Help us.

Loose rivets
17th Oct 2009, 20:27
I'm sorry to see that no one has got any information for you, but I think it's rather a difficult situation, and many pilots will know how difficult is it to simply refuse to comply with an airlines 'rules'.

They have always taken the attitude that 'We pay, so you'll do what we say.' So often, it is blatantly unfair, or even unsafe.

I would think your only hope is to have the AMEs protest this themselves. After all, it's against their interests. I'd imagine that if a few of them knew the problem, they would be motivated to circulate the news to their colleagues. Perhaps this could be done via some central office or a medical publication that would convey it to the attention off the more distant doctors.

gingernut
18th Oct 2009, 00:30
and company is striving to keep this rule in order to control pilots.

Hi Paul, can you expand on this statement a little more ?

Der absolute Hammer
18th Oct 2009, 08:16
I think that many airlines require pilots to pass through an in house medical examination prior to application acceptance or rejection.
What might be unusal here is that the airline in question seems to be insisting that recurrent medicals be undertaken at its own facility. This could give rise to pilots being dumped for all sorts of non medical reasons, from the political to the nepotistic, with very little right of appeal if a company doctor has said that you are not up to the standard required.
If, for example, many of the pilots are ex Korean air force, civilian pilots, in general, would be unlikely to be up to the physical fitness levels of an recent air force officer and so could be dumped from the airline for that reason, evem though he would be perfectly acceptable for the issue of a civil medical.
The system could allow for abuse and control and the implication is that this is what is happening.

Paul619
18th Oct 2009, 15:50
Hi Gingernut^^

In these day, we are complaining regarding this company's rule to the goverment that it is unfair and kind of violation of pilot's right.
But company persuades goverment that just they are trying to keep higher level of pilot's physical status than basic requirement of FAA level.
This is so.

Rahbani330
19th Oct 2009, 14:47
Paul619

hello

Most of the companies do the medical for the pilots in the company medical center accroding to the company standards and the civil aviation standards and usualy the company standards is higher than the civil aviation standards ,, so no one can do anything about it becuz finally ITS A COMPANY STANDARDS

they think its more safety to get a higher medical standards for the pilots .. i know its bad but thats it !!

Good Luck