PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatcher Course and Type Ratings

SU-GCM
16th Oct 2009, 15:53
Hello

I have started my Dispatcher Course 2 weeks ago in Cairo, Egypt at the EAA Egyptian Aviation Academy the academy is certified from ICAO and the syllabus we are studying is JAA ATPL
However we didn't get the ATPL Books but the academy instructors made new books collected from the JAA ATPL original books and printed them into binders to avoid copyrights etc...
Upon graduation we should get a certificate that we finished the coure from the EAA and next comes the Examination at the ECAA - Egyptian Civil aviation authorities and they would issue me the license

now my questions are as follows

1- what do dispatchers study around the world or for example in Emirates aviation college ? are those guys also studying JAA ATPL ? or something else ? I am asking this question because it's the first time in Egypt that this syllabus is provided before the course was the FAA ATPL

2- my 2nd question is about dispatcher type ratings and how to add a type rating on my license ? what's the average cost ? and can I self sponsor a type rating ?

3- 3rd question is about job opportunities and the average pay with in the middle east ? would any of the giants accept any newbie applicant ?
and what's the starting salary ?

Looking forward for answers and a few advices on how to prepare my self for the job market

Thanks
SU-GCM

no sig
16th Oct 2009, 19:14
In general, there are two syllabi for the training of flight operations officers/flight dispatchers;

1. ICAO course training is to the ICAO syllabus detailed in ICAO Document 7192 D3,

2. FAA aircraft dispacthers certificate 'requirements' under the requirements of relevant FAR's and CFR's 14 CFR 65.57(b) and 14 CFR 65.61(a) (2).

The use of the JAA ATPL syllabus would lead me to believe they are basing the course on the ICAO 7192 D3 syllabus. Where it is not as comprehensive as a full JAA based ATPL; much of the materials in the ATPL course are included in the 7192 D3 syllabus. It is indeed a reasonable place to take dispatcher training to ICAO 7192 D3 materials from, the trick is in what to exclude from the ATPL syllabus, the 7192 D3 document defines what that would be.

Any type rating requirements would be outlined by the State your license is issued in; often initial training on aircraft types is conducted within the airline training requiremnts for both ICAO and FAA systems.

SU-GCM
17th Oct 2009, 01:27
@no sig

Thanks a lot for your answer

Can you point out me on where to find that ICAO Document 7192 D3, I've tried to google it but can't find it anywhere
or if you have it could you pass me the part of the Flight Dispatcher License syllabus ?

Regarding the Type Rating since my license will be issued from Egypt I will revise the ECARs

Thanks again for your concern

Regards
SU-GCM

Grasscarp
17th Oct 2009, 08:43
free downloads from this site
Icao doc 7192 part d3 - .Pdf & Word Free Ebooks Download (http://pdfdatabase.com/index.php?q=icao+doc+7192+part+d3)

SU-GCM
17th Oct 2009, 12:50
@Grasscarp (http://www.pprune.org/members/167978-grasscarp)

Thanks a lot But I couldn't find it there :(:ugh:

Grasscarp
17th Oct 2009, 14:43
It is there, but needs you to register to download. If you google the title of the document there are plenty of places that you can buy the document from. I bought mine from ICAO but there are other shops that you can purchase it from.

K.O.
20th Oct 2009, 19:01
Hey all,

I'm currently trying to find a part time job in Canada as an Aircraft Dispatcher. I earned my ADX certificate from the FAA and will not be allowed to use it until I am 23. I was wondering if the eligibility requirements are different in Canada and if so who would be willing to entertain a noob Dispatcher? Thanks for reading. :}

Cheers

KO

SU-GCM
20th Oct 2009, 23:06
In Egypt you could get the license at the age of 21

Can't you work as assistant flight dispatcher untill you are 23 ??

dispatching
2nd Nov 2009, 20:15
K.O...you need to get a Canadian Flight Dispatch Certificate from Transport Canada to work as a certified / qualified Dispatcher in Canada, two exams, met and aviation operations will get you the certificate. Though you can work at some shops that are Type C with out (pilot self Dispatch) but do not pay nearly as much as if you had your certificate. Jobs out there, just have to find them, try north end of Toronto Pearson, lots of outfits looking for good folks

Cheers

falko
10th Nov 2009, 21:49
Hi Folks , i m an ex military ATC with experience of 9 years,is it possible to find a job within an Airline as flight follow or something at OPS ,then i m planning to prepare for a licence as Flight dispatcher .

Hope you Guys will help me .
Thank You