PDA

View Full Version : minimum time

cardhappyaf
16th Oct 2009, 09:06
last time i booked an award ticket dub-cdg-rio air france called me and told me that the time was too short in cdg (50 mins) and i would have to take the earlier flight. this was no problem.

now my agency in brasil has booked me on the same flight with the same 50 min connection. i contacted them and they tell me the minimum time is 50 mins (according to af brasil), yet i called af dublin and they tell me its a mistake in the system and the flight with the 50 min connection shouldnt be able to be booked.

the agency say its 100dollars to change, but considering i dont think i should have to pay anything. the question is (i leave tonight) if i miss the connection will i still get the hotel etc or are they likely to state the flight (same ticket) was within the allowed minimum connection?

cheers in advance!

TightSlot
16th Oct 2009, 13:40
If all your travel is on the one ticket, then AF or whichever airline is involved, is responsible for your welfare if the connection is missed - this means hotels if necessary. The published min connect time is irrelevant if your journey is all on one ticket.

If your Brazilian agents are issuing AF tickets that are under correct published Minimum Connection times, then AF will get in touch with them at a later date and smack them around the head: That is an issue between AF and their agents and does not affect your rights.

In short, beyond the irritation and inconvenience factors, don't sweat it if it is all on the one ticket.