PDA

View Full Version : Working in the Dubai for EK

Quadrantal
16th Oct 2009, 05:29
All

Thinking about a move out to Dubai with EK as an LAE. I've heard plenty of negative stuff.
Anyone got anything positve to say?

Jet II
16th Oct 2009, 10:42
Weather's nice..:ok:

MATMAX
16th Oct 2009, 14:41
if more than 50°c can be nice ...

Quadrantal
16th Oct 2009, 15:01
Ok so the weather can be nice at certain times of the year. Anything else, like working conditions, T+C's and family life.................?

MATMAX
16th Oct 2009, 15:07
do not go , you will regret it , thats it !

We Fix Them
17th Oct 2009, 06:07
Come on... Guys don't give a negative image...haha... You'll love it here :p Nice shinny new airplanes, running around with as much as 6 turns a shift, hopefully to actually see/work the aircraft before you sign it out... :ugh: depending on your mechanics, But nothing that you probably don't do now. As for management ...no comment.... cabin crew :O and the occasional pilot that thinks you're his servant.... lol, I love that one...:D They get the 3 seconds no response and get the message... in you better direct that request to the purser. Enough of the rant... But the positives are the pay is good and you'll meet and work with some great engineers and have fun. No job is perfect but once you settle in you'll be fine after a couple of years. One comment of advice is the people on this forum that talk about the two buckets thing are totally right...

spannersatcx
17th Oct 2009, 07:09
So you're signing and releasing aircraft with work carried out that you have not seen and by people you don't know,:mad: hmm remind me not to fly on EK:=

MATMAX
17th Oct 2009, 10:14
Yes , and some if those Mechanics are using tools "made in China" to save money ... maybe they think they are working on a rickshaw ...
"once you settle in you'll be fine after a couple of years" : after you do not have any more brain ...

Quadrantal
17th Oct 2009, 20:11
Thanks for the comments gents. Still not many positves......................:{

jaadu
22nd Oct 2009, 20:18
Been there, dun it, left the T shirt there...
Shiny on the out side,not worth exploring on the inside.
No QUALITY of life.
Require pair of eyes in the back of your head to watch your back!!!!!!!!!!
Watch your strengths turned into your weekness.
Watch what you say to any one.
Forget the time off, unpaid overtime,only time off in lieu that you cannot have due to lack of man power.
Resentfull collegues due to huge differential pay for the same jobs.
Scheeming and ploting politics.
cronism, nepatisium.
List goes on.
must stop as its bringing back bad memories.

smudgethecat
22nd Oct 2009, 20:31
Awfull place, steer well clear

Skippie
27th Oct 2009, 09:03
Simply put, there is no positives !!!!:E Listen to the guys thats been there.:ugh:

MATMAX
27th Oct 2009, 09:28
Something positive :
I was happy to join , but I WAS MORE HAPPY TO LEAVE !!!