PDA

View Full Version : Loking for some Regulation help

Mizuno boy
15th Oct 2009, 20:11
Not from this side of the pond, but wondering. Private operators registered to an EU. authority do they have duty time regulations, ie. JAR OPS 1, or can they do whatever they like? When do JAR OPS 2 take effect and do they have an impact on private operators?
Just trying to help a brother out.
All help appreciated.

Cheers
MB

NJ39000
15th Oct 2009, 20:31
In such a case where the country follows JAR OPS, you could refer to the local CAA regulations, which would normally be based on CAP 371 The avoidance of fatigue in Aircrew.. tcare!

CJ Driver
17th Oct 2009, 15:06
There are not (yet) any compulsory JAR or EU OPS requirements for private operators, so you can do whatever you think is prudent.

I deliberately say "what is prudent" rather than your "whatever they like" because even for private operators, there is still an obligation to avoid reckless or dangerous operations, to be fit to fly, and so on. In the event of an incident the authorities, and your insurance company, will take into account whether the crew were adequately rested.

His dudeness
17th Oct 2009, 15:49
The proposed EASA OPS will be valid for all operators and the draft is on the EASA Server..
This nOPS will cover everything.
There will be some of the paragraphs just valid for Commercial Air Transport (CAT) and COM (Commercial other than CAT, e.g. Helicopter aerial work) The stuff valid for all will be marked GEN.
AFAIK introduction is planned in 2011 or 12....

I do operate a cooperate (aka private) airplane and operate under the german law. For FTL this means to follow what used to be the 2.DVO LuftBO, and NOT subpart Q. (The 2.DVO was the regulation for anybody operating commercially and any pilot operating for pay, such as the cooperate pilots)
When the EASA OPS will finally come, I understand it is to replace all european state regulations.