PDA

View Full Version : headset for turboprop(SAAB2000)

Quazimodo007
15th Oct 2009, 16:55
Hi can you suggest some headset for flying in this type of aircraft??

Thanks

ea340
15th Oct 2009, 16:59
Lightspeed Zulu have several friends using them on turbo props not cheap

Half_Cuban
15th Oct 2009, 20:04
Depends how much cash you've got, when I was flying turboprops I used a Peltor headset. They were much lighter than my David Clarks and also had a better sound, less harsh.

Neither of my headsets were DNC though

PaulW
15th Oct 2009, 22:22
Saab 2000 flight deck is quiet, I use a Seinheiser HMEC 25, light weight, ANR does the job very nicely, and wont look out of place in the jet of your choosing in the next job, if headsets arent provided by your company. The airline should provide headsets, as a spare is required in case of failure. Eastern provide Dave Clarks on their aircraft, bit heavy for my and others liking. I know a few colleagues have Dave Clark X11 ANR headsets which are light, and durable, I remember some of the guys saying bose headsets dont last very long. If your joining a new company and about to start flying said aircraft, wait until your online and take a poll of your fellow crew, you will soon find out whats worth taking a look at and best yet Im sure theyll let you try theirs on in flight, nothing like trying before you buy.

DA-10mm
16th Oct 2009, 06:49
i have a pair of DC 20-10s (1995 model) that have been dropped, kicked, thrown in anger, run over by a tug, backed over by my car (and jeep, and truck...), spit on, worn by strippers in a tight squeeze (you know the story...), sworn and cussed at...
but they've NEVER, EVER failed me.
by far the most reliable piece of equipment i have, besides my liver...

lalbak
16th Oct 2009, 09:12
I use DC 10-30 on a fokker 50. They are pretty big but very comfortable and a good noise reduction. Company provides the Seinheiser HMEC 25 but I dont like it as they are placed on top of your ear and in my case starts hurting after an hour or so. The DC falls over your ear and is just as good with noise reduction as the HMEC 25 in my opinion.