PDA

View Full Version : Minor criminal offence affect getting a job?

link_142
14th Oct 2009, 23:53
Hi all, curious to know that if one has a minor offence how much will that affect employment? will that result in never getting a job?

all help appreciated!

thanks

david.craig
14th Oct 2009, 23:56
How minor an offence are we talking? Was it dealt with by a Fixed Penalty Notice? I guess it really depends on what the offence was.

link_142
15th Oct 2009, 00:20
Does anyone know the criteria which would automatic disqualification from a job as a pilot for the airlines, ie what convictions? Or how to get hold of that criteria?

all help appreciated

hollingworthp
15th Oct 2009, 06:10
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/390592-criminal-records-checks.html?highlight=disclosure+scotland

http://www.pprune.org/questions/363422-speeding-cnviction-barrier-airside-pass.html?highlight=disclosure+scotland

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/329777-criminal-record.html?highlight=disclosure+scotland

That should keep you going for a while.

Aerouk
15th Oct 2009, 19:25
Obviously theres a huge list of convictions that could prevent you from being employed and it would be up to the discreation of the airline.

I would imagine Drink Driving would probably prevent you, as it appears on any disclosures for up to 10years.

Speeding deppends on how the officer dealt with it, if you are done by fixed penality notice then its a traffic offence, if you are done by the court it becomes a criminal offence.

NRU74
15th Oct 2009, 20:06
link_142
Tell us what the actual offence is and we'll try to advise

Ronand
16th Oct 2009, 11:30
Common man, tell us what you have done :O
The Forum is annonymous anyway....

captain_overspeed
26th Oct 2009, 05:36
I guess it depends on the country, and the offense. I know that in the US.

1 Forgery of certificates, false marking of aircraft, and other aircraft registration violations
2 Interference with air navigation
3 Improper transportation of a hazardous material
4 Aircraft piracy
5 Interference with flightcrew members or flight attendants
6 Commission of certain crimes aboard aircraft in flight
7 Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard an aircraft
8 Conveying false information and threats
9 Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States
10 Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances
11 Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or foreign air carriers contrary to established security requirements
12 Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility
13 Murder
14 Assault with intent to murder
15 Espionage
16 Sedition
17 Kidnapping or hostage taking
18 Treason
19 Rape or aggravated sexual abuse
20 Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon
21 Extortion
22 Armed robbery or felony unarmed robbery
23 Distribution of, or intent to distribute, a controlled substance
24 Felony arson
25 A felony involving a threat
26 A felony involving: Willful destruction of property;importation or manufacture of a controlled substance;burglary; theft; dishonesty, fraud,or misrepresentation;possession or distribution of stolen property; aggravated assault; bribery; or illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 year
27 Violence at international airports
28 Conspiracy or attempt to commit any of the aforementioned criminal acts listed in this paragraph

Are all grounds for automatic disqualification. Because you cannot get a ramp job with these offenses.

I assume drug offenses and sexual assaults don't automatically disqualify you, but with competition they might as well. I hope this helps some.