PDA

View Full Version : AIR CLUES 2 of 2001

BEagle
22nd Jun 2001, 09:13
Good to see 'Air Clues' returning to its core values again! 'I learnt about flying from that' is back again after a long break - in fact there are no fewer than 21 'I learnt about......' articles in the current edition. No grip-and-grin photos, no boring articles about some new management computer system or other, just some excellent Flight Safety stuff.

Nice one, IFS!!

Gainesy
22nd Jun 2001, 10:58
What?!?
No woolly-pully/forage cap/stable belt debates? No doctrinal diatribes? Nary a Neatishead Eng Wg wiring diagram?

They'll be putting news in King & Country next.

Chris Kebab
22nd Jun 2001, 16:06
Totally agree BEagle. It's the best edition they've produced in an age. Intrigued by the sudden glut of F-4 tales however.

Thud_and_Blunder
22nd Jun 2001, 16:48
Great.

Any chance of one being sent to BFPO11 Loan Service Team? There's no budget for us to get one through normal channels, apparently...

Thud

N Genfire
22nd Jun 2001, 19:04
"I learnt about that" has enlightened me and probably saved my life on more than one occasion, as we get older, lets hope we can be honest enough to pass our lessons down to the new breed of aviators via the Airclue.

Regards N Genfire

------------------
Not if I can do it tomorrow.........

BEagle
22nd Jun 2001, 22:26
Chris Kebab "Who want liver, who halloumi, 'innit. Which you peeps say 'Oi Stavros, more nose warmers over here an' quick smart'?. Bleedin' 'ell, peeps, you drink all my Kokinelli? OK - more tahini comin' soon!"

Where was I? Oh yes - I didn't write the F4 articles in Air Clues 2 of 2001, if that's what you're insinuating!

Chris Kebab
23rd Jun 2001, 23:27
........taxi to Heroes Square?

Gainesy
24th Jun 2001, 02:04
...but not back. End the crawl at Lofty's Bar at the (then) west end of L'sol bypass and catch the early morning (0600ish) shift bus of Scaley ScopeDopes to Cape Gata.
Happy Daze.

John Eacott
24th Jun 2001, 04:10
Do they have a web site, if so has anyone a link?

TIA

BEagle
24th Jun 2001, 12:48
John - 'Air Clues' or Chriskebab? If the latter - nothing on the web search. I couldn't find a web site for Air Clues, but you can e-mail [email protected] for more information.

[This message has been edited by BEagle (edited 24 June 2001).]

Gainesy
24th Jun 2001, 12:52
John,
I don't know if Air Clues has a web site but the US Navy's excellent Approach mag is at
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">www.safetycenter.navy.mil </font>

Approach is toatally flight safety and usually 90 percent "I learned..." type articles. Good mix of rotary, fastjet, multi.

Cheers
Gainesy

newshound
24th Jun 2001, 13:54
http://www.raf.mod.uk/ifs/airclues.html

John Eacott
24th Jun 2001, 17:02
Thanks for the help :)

The Nr Fairy
25th Jun 2001, 15:38
American Army's flight safety publications are at http://safety.army.mil/pages/media/pubs/ff/

Mad Pax
28th Jun 2001, 22:02
Thud - if you e-mail over a post title, you may find one winging its way across now and then.

Mystic Greg
27th Jul 2001, 23:06
Having had time this week at last to read the latest Air Clues, I must agree with BEagle and others that it is an excellent edition, full of interesting articles and a few downright scary 'I learnt about....' stories. I thought I would bring this thread to the top again, firstly to draw attention to the magazine as a valuable contribution to flight safety, and secondly to give IFS some positive feedback as I am sure they are avid readers of PPrune.

SPIT
1st Aug 2001, 03:37
I used to read AIRCLUES but since I have been out of the loop for a time I now find that I can't get hold of it (AIRCLUES I MEAN).Can anyone tell me if I can still get a regular copy or is it just kept in house??.

Cornish Jack
1st Aug 2001, 17:30
Just had a quick scan and it looks good.
Spit - if you use the link on page 1 it takes you straight there; you just need Acrobat to read it.
I note, however, that there is still a need for conversion vouchers (are they still used?) to convert Hangers (clothes) to Hangars (aircraft) Tut, tut, and on the Title page too !! :D

Green Bottle
1st Aug 2001, 23:23
Kept me busy for hours. Finally the boring Air Power articles have been placed second place to the interesting FS stuff. Keep up the good work.