PDA

View Full Version : TAG interview

the_bookkeeper
13th Oct 2009, 17:35
Does anyone know how an interview with TAG looks like? Sim ride? Any Tests?
Any info is highly welcome.
If you want, please PM.

Flintstone
13th Oct 2009, 18:20
You have a PM.

guic135
12th Oct 2010, 13:04
Hello, I'm also going for an interview in TAG UK, do you have any information about it?
Thank's

Guillaume

CaptainProp
12th Oct 2010, 15:55
You have PM!

Spunky Monkey
13th Oct 2010, 11:27
I WANT to go for an interview with TAG. Can I have a PM please?

quazz
16th Oct 2010, 08:00
I applied last month. Although I haven't heard anything from them, any information would be greatly appreciated.

m.s.r.l.p.
22nd Oct 2010, 21:03
Any info on recruiting TAg Asia??
Thanks

tom35
25th Oct 2010, 17:32
I am interested too, PM please.

Kno850
25th Oct 2010, 19:36
same same... interested in TAG, any information about screening, company etc. welcome!

rgds kno

PAPI-74
25th Oct 2010, 20:19
Jesus - what is with the Secret Squirrel PM's

Just post it!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/James_Drummond/Secret_Squirrel.gif[/IMG]

Cloud Chaser
27th Oct 2010, 11:09
Can I have one too?

volenvrac
7th Nov 2010, 15:45
Hi,
I will soon have an interview. Could you forward me the same PM or advertise your answer to everyone. Thanks

Rusty Trombone
7th Nov 2010, 16:32
Had my interview recently with SIM Check written test etc, keep up on your EU OPS regulations.

bobsherunko
8th Nov 2010, 08:54
Hi all,

I have an interview coming up with TAG and would really appreciate any info on the company and the interview process.

Thanks in advance

BOB

flycircus
8th Nov 2010, 19:18
Hi Rusty, I should be called for an interview in a while so I would be very happy with a feedback of your assessment. Could you provide a few details of the written tests you've done. What could you say on the sim check? Many thanks
Flycircus

charles83
8th Nov 2010, 20:23
Just received an email stating that my application status is now "Application reviewed".
Someone else received this message? Does it means that there is a chance to be contacted or have I to leave any hope?

Vanheden
9th Nov 2010, 16:22
I received a message saying that I have passed the initial screening process, and as soon as they find a match they will come back with an interview.

I appreciate any details I can get on their selection process. Grateful for any PM's I can get my hands on.

south coast
9th Nov 2010, 17:29
Why is no one posting the interview process, is it a secret?

SolentFlyer
9th Nov 2010, 18:09
Are TAG still only looking for jet experience? If you have got an interview, what experience do you have? Thank you

flycircus
9th Nov 2010, 18:22
No interview yet but went throught the initial screening. Military experience only 5000TT, 2300 heavy jet, TRI
Regards

bobsherunko
12th Nov 2010, 07:09
No Interview date yet but passed initial selection. 3200TT, 1000 Biz Jet and 2000 airline (current). Best of luck to everyone.

PAPI-74
12th Nov 2010, 10:10
Any whiff of when they may get in contact again?

Arkwright
12th Nov 2010, 18:54
Although the recruitment portal seems very efficient, it normally experiences significant 'lag' with information......I had been working for TAG for two months when I got an email stating that I had passed the preliminary selection process, and was now in a holding pool for a suitable aircraft! :}

bobsherunko
15th Nov 2010, 11:08
Anybody got any further news in terms of recruitment? Is there any truth to the rumour regarding Tag UK obtaining an ACJ?

CaptainProp
15th Nov 2010, 13:02
No info on ACJ, but more/new aircraft on the horizon as far as I understand.

One thing to remember with the email reply is that your CV passing initial selection, may or may not mean anything exciting. I am lead to believe that it only means that you meet the minimum requirements and that you could be considered for an interview at some stage. Next thing to remember is that it's probably fair to say that TAG is considered a "premium" future employer for many pilots in our business, which means loads of qualified applicants. Don't mean to ruin the party, just being realistic.....

Good luck to anybody applying!

CP

weido_salt
16th Nov 2010, 03:43
"......TAG is considered a "premium" future employer for many pilots in our business,...."

Well put it this way. Judging from the above posts, at least they take the time out to acknowledge applications. To me that speaks volumes about the general attitude of that company towards it employees.

Unlike another "premium" operator based in Portugal. I haven't seen anything yet, throughout my long career that makes me alter my view.

Direct_entry
26th Nov 2010, 13:26
Hi there, I also got a mail saying I've passed the initial screening process (1700TT, 600 ME). Would love to work for this company. Any information regarding interview/selection/sim is really appreciated. Best of luck to all applying!
Regards,

ski monster
1st Dec 2010, 10:51
Are TAG recruiting Direct Entry Captains or FOs or both??:confused:

pma 32dd
1st Dec 2010, 10:57
And I assume already type rated......:{

CaptainProp
2nd Dec 2010, 19:58
Both. With and without type.

HermanTheGerman
3rd Dec 2010, 06:36
unfortunatly I was never able to make it through their application website. Tried it many times, always error-messages, impossible to do anything.

Sent emails, no reply, no application.

de facto
5th Dec 2010, 08:56
How much do captains make NET/month?
Thanks

Cloud Chaser
5th Dec 2010, 11:19
What are the chances of someone with a few thousand turboprop hours including command, but no jet time, getting a shot at the right seat?
Applied and got the standard reply, just wondering if I'm dreaming or have a real shot.

CaptainProp
11th Dec 2010, 08:16
TAG expanding its Asian business!

TAG and China First Mandarin Group form business aviation partnership

By: Matt Thurber
December 8, 2010
Business Aviation, Charter

TAG Aviation Asia and China First Mandarin Group (CFMG) signed a preliminary joint-venture agreement to serve the business aviation market in Asia with aircraft charter, management and maintenance services. The agreement will be finalized when Chinese government approval is received, which is anticipated to occur in early 2011, according to Robert Wells, CEO of TAG Aviation Holding CEO.

The joint-venture company will be named TAG Aviation China and will be held 51 percent by CFMG and 49 percent by TAG Aviation. The deal has the potential to establish a significant new force in China's business aviation sector, which has been slow to develop due regulatory restrictions and bureaucracy.

"Business aviation in China is in its infancy," Wells said. "For TAG Aviation it allows us the opportunity to join up with a qualified partner who is already operational in mainland China." TAG Aviation Asia, headquartered in Hong Kong, manages and operates 15 business aircraft and last year received an air operators certificate (AOC) from the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Authority. That fleet doubled in size during the past 12 months and will likely double again in the next year, according Keith Morgan, TAG Aviation Asia chief executive officer.

CFMG's Shenyang-based First Mandarin Business Aviation (FMBA) unit holds a Chinese AOC and also a Civil Aviation Administration of China CCAT 145 repair station certificate. The company operates Bombardier Challenger 604s and 850s. "TAG Aviation's reputation with business aviation clients worldwide combined with its well-recognized global brand make an ideal match for us," said Zhu Lili, chairwoman of FMBA, "and it is the perfect time for our two companies to join forces to serve mainland China clients. We entered the exciting business aviation sector in our country convinced of its enormous growth potential, and forming a partnership with TAG creates a key combination in terms of both our expertise and worldwide capabilities."

Li Dong Qi, CEO of CFMG and husband of Zhu Lili, is a former Chinese air force pilot who flew MiG fighters. Li attributes his interest in business aviation to "a deep passion for this business," he said. "This agreement is built on friendship with [TAG Aviation founders] the Ojjeh brothers, both Mansour and Aziz, and brings a fresh breeze of advancement to business aviation in China and Asia.”

TAG Aviation Asia was the second fixed-wing business aviation company to receive a Hong Kong AOC. The joint-venture with CFMG, Wells said, “is the first time, as far as we know, where a company that holds an AOC in China is not part of one of the scheduled airlines. So we felt this is a particularly unique opportunity to join forces.”

TAG Aviation began working on the joint-venture with CFMG 18 months ago. The timing for the alliance with CFMG, Wells said, “was the right combination in terms of capitalizing on the rapid growth of aircraft operations in China and the need for business aviation that did not exist perhaps 10 years ago. We believe that we have an opportunity to provide both the service and the operational expertise in partnership with a well-qualified company that’s already in existence.”

While the details of how the aircraft will be operated remain to be worked out, Wells said that the two companies’ capabilities and skills would complement each other. “We believe that the combination of TAG Aviation’s world-wide presence along with the knowledge of how to do things in China that First Mandarin Business Aviation has is going to certainly bring [the joint venture] more visibility.”

Harlem
1st Feb 2011, 11:44
Hi guys

any info about TAG ASIA interview process?

Thanks a lot!!! :ok:

FLEXJET
1st Feb 2011, 12:28
I heard recently it's an interview with a SIM ride in a 737.
Good luck!

Harlem
1st Feb 2011, 12:55
SIM ride in B737??? :eek: Where?
In What rating are they looking for pilots?

skybiz
5th Feb 2011, 07:56
Hi, Any feed back on written test and sim ride please.
Sky

jav8r
16th Feb 2011, 08:33
Hi,

Does anyone know the T&Cs for ACJ Captain with Tag Aviation Asia?

Thanks.

swampthing
16th Feb 2011, 08:56
I have been in that holding pool now for just over a year... there is no rush apparently.. :ugh:

Royaldane
25th Jul 2012, 08:55
Anyone interviewed or working with TAG Asia willing to give me a run-down on the interview process? :8

Thx fellaz

Grum
26th Jul 2012, 03:45
On skype with training manager & flight ops manager. Very informal. They asked about flying career so far. No technical questions. The main question was whether you'd be willing to relocate.

HIGH5
13th Apr 2013, 12:36
Hi all,

I have just found out I have a Tag interview/written test/sim ride coming up. Any feedback on what to expect would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

polaris79
10th Sep 2014, 06:47
Hi guys,
I would appreciate any interview info with Tag Asia please.. Thank you!!

P

Avturbound
11th Sep 2014, 00:14
Hi there,

What type of interview are you going for I had a skype interview about 2 mths ago for Asia. Nothing heard back as yet apart from that they were happy with interview etc.. so I believe I am on a hold file of some sought now. .

cheers AB

polaris79
15th Sep 2014, 23:45
Avtur. Check ur pms.

Globally Challenged
13th Jan 2015, 10:41
Does anyone have any info on Tag UK interviewing process?

rwong2005
28th Feb 2015, 06:25
hi, everyone, I m going to have an interview with Tag aviation Asia next week, any info will be appreciated;);)

Above The Clouds
28th Feb 2015, 06:57
For what type of aircraft ?

rwong2005
28th Feb 2015, 12:13
Hi, Above the cloud,

Falcon 900 I guess, my G200 type rating is not current anymore. :rolleyes::ugh:

leveledoff 450
19th May 2015, 09:29
I received confirmation lately that I passed their very informal and relaxed Skype interview at Tag Asia...solid experience, ..coming from heavy birds...Anybody knows what's next?
Must say,....they're very nice people.
Feel free to pm me

Regards t ya all

LRdriver III
19th May 2015, 15:44
From a few years ago for a Moscow airplane.. Written technical questionaire, online psych test and then sit infront of interview board with a few guys playing "good cop-bad cop" .. And finally a sim ride.
Just hope you fly for a good owner and you get along with the CAM on your airplane.. That makes or breaks a TAG deal as every aircraft is different and your life could be great/hell :\

leveledoff 450
28th May 2015, 18:08
thanks LRdriver III (http://www.pprune.org/members/279244-lrdriver-iii)....:*

jedi007
29th May 2015, 12:52
Hello!

I`am low hour B737NG F/O but want to join corporate aviation in a couple years. Can someone write, how many hours do I need to apply e.g Falcon 7x F/O position? I saw their minimum hours, but how does it look in real? Does many pilots want to join the darkside? Or is it rather easy to get there?

Thank you for your respond,
Jedi007

dirk85
30th May 2015, 12:02
You obviously do not know much about corporate aviation if you ask this question. Nothing wrong with that of course, since I guess you only have loco/airline experience.

You have no idea how difficult it is to land a 7X job. If you do not have previous business jets experience and a good network of friends or colleagues in that area willing to help you, you have no more than a snowball chance in hell to get in.

Already to start from the lower segment of the market, CJ/Premiers/Mustang kind of planes is difficult enough, to "demand" a 7X is just laughable.

Seriously, you have more chance to end up on the Space Shuttle.

Flying Mechanic
30th May 2015, 12:59
My advice to any airline jock, is be prepared to take any corporate jet if u want to join the corporate world . Like dirk85 says, you need to be pretty well connected, airline flying is easy, everything is done /organised for you. In corporate world it's down to you....everything.

Good luck, the darkside is a good life.

jedi007
30th May 2015, 13:13
Thanks guys!

I`am not flying a low cost ;) But I understand it`s not easy. Just wanted to ask. I`ve heard about couple guys from airlines flying for TAG Aviation, but never had occassion to ask them.

Thank you for your responds!
Jedi007

FerrypilotDK
31st May 2015, 13:06
There are lots of great aspects, but there is a vast difference from aircraft to aircraft, even within the same company, as it was said--depending on the owner, CAM, lead pilot, etc.

I recently had a couple experiences with ex-airline guys. They were unprepared for removing the pins of the landing gear, getting up on a ladder and putting engine covers on in the dark, when it is snowing/raining/late/after a long day.

Weight and balance, printing, updating Jepps, grabbing the hoover, cleaning snow/sand/heel marks off the steps, checking the oil, going with the FA to help with shopping, download and update FMS database, etc etc etc......

....and that is just scratching the surface of possible "duties."

Not to mention a career that has comprised of flying between for example, European airports.....does not prepare anyone for trans-Atlantic operations, Africa, Asia, Russia, India......although the flying machines all have wings, it is a completely different set of skills...including missing your birthday, the GF's, Christmas, Easter, mid-term school holiday, parents anniversary, cannot make a good tennis/badminton partner, as you are gone for longer periods.........

Now that I think about it, what have I done?:}

dirtyrat
31st May 2015, 13:40
Jedi007,

I moved from an airline, straight to a Global Express without any contacts/inside buddies. Not saying it was easy! I was probably lucky, but don't be put off! Good luck!

Ps. I agree with everything FerryPilotDK says above btw.

jedi007
1st Jun 2015, 09:54
FerryPilotDK, but that`s what I want to do :) Flying for the airlines is boring.

dirtyrat, now that`s what I wanted to hear :) you fly for private owner or for a company?

Thank you for respond guys!
Jedi007

Aslak
8th Jun 2015, 12:52
Pretty much same experience than few others I see.

Had a Skype interview some months ago, within few hours got reply stating that I had passed it and put into a holding pool.

Nothing after that at all.

What I have heard is, that there must be a LOT of guys on that pool.

Avturbound
14th Jun 2015, 12:04
not that I have heard. I have been in the 'holding pool' for about a year now then some.. by the time they call Ill probably be on a Global/G6 with a command on my current jet in less than a month :)

But would like HK hopefully they start hiring soon. the pool is getting deep.:ok:

Spooky 2
12th Jul 2015, 16:18
I had heard from a reliable source that corporate aviation activity in China has come to a virtual halt since all of the government investigations for illegal business practices started awhile back. Has anyone else observed this?

Flying Mechanic
12th Jul 2015, 17:03
Yep, I was flying in China today, the handling said things have really slowed down. Anti corruption is taking its toll, I personally know of 2 owners under house arrest. There's been quite a few jets reposesed to. Quite a few jet owners are lying low....interesting times in China.

bythenumbers
25th Jul 2015, 05:42
Will be applying soon. I'll post any updates.

BTN

Tangodog
29th Jul 2015, 17:13
Does Tag Asia offer any commuting/rotation positions?

dan1165
29th Jul 2015, 17:32
I don't think so ...

Avturbound
30th Jul 2015, 02:57
TAG Asia is all base allocated flying. no rotation. good pay starting at 170k AUD for FO on a global. But as others previously mentioned things are slowing down in HK atm due to corruption.. :(

Avturbound
7th Aug 2015, 02:39
No word.

I have been in the holding pool for about 1.5 yrs now....

cessna95
8th Aug 2015, 05:34
looks like this pool needs to be stirred. :8:8

BombsGone
18th Aug 2015, 14:06
I'm in the same boat as several other posters looking at work in Hong Kong and have been doing the leg work to get a feel for the pilot market here. Things are relatively slow at the moment as previous posters have said. One tip I have picked up from management company recruiters is to have a US or European licence as they are easier to convert to the required type. Australian CASA licences are seen as being difficult to convert and can see an otherwise strong applicant bypassed. CASA's licensing department is world renowned as difficult to deal with, not that I'm surprised.

FrankR
19th Aug 2015, 03:29
No rotation positions out of Hong Kong to speak of.... So it you want rotation, cross HK off the list!!

It's been a dream of all the US pilots for five years, and it gets shot down each year.

Just sayin!

FR

GlobalGO
8th Oct 2015, 22:52
Does anyone know how an interview with TAG UK looks like? Sim ride? Any Tests?
Any info is highly welcome.
If you want, please PM.

GlobalGO
9th Oct 2015, 16:17
Sorry, I see now that my privileges dont allow PM yet. No it is for a general application,

A-V-8
12th Oct 2015, 11:50
So it looks like TAG is interested in me. Great news! I have been trying to find a job in China for about 5 years. I am ex-airline in the US. Currently teaching and typed on the 7X.

The email says the position is in Shanghai.

Big problem. My wife has a reduced lung capacity due to a medical condition. This is not contagious.

If I tell them no to Shanghai because of the air will they ever look at me again?

Does TAG let people move to HK after the initial contract?

If you work there and can take a phone call from me would you PM me please?

FrankR
12th Oct 2015, 21:30
HK air isn't as bad, but it isn't good either. HK is right down the road from Shenzhen, and lots of smog floats across the bay.

You might be better off looking in the Mid East.

FR

Klimax
13th Oct 2015, 05:45
I'm with FrankR on this one.. Hong Kong is likely better in comparison to Shanghai - but it is still dreadful from a pollution point of view. Anybody with lung issues, should seriously consider avoiding the China region, in my opinion. Even on a good day - Hong Kong is still bad!

Best of luck with your decision.

cessna95
13th Oct 2015, 12:11
A-V-8,

How much time do you have on the 7X.

did you apply for Captain or F/O?

A-V-8
16th Nov 2015, 14:04
None in a real 7X. 7000+ in real planes. Some guys trying to transition to corporate aviation from an airline. Go to FlightSafety or CAE. The job was for a 900LX. I told them that I had a training bond on the 7X. Sorry for the confusion. It looks like they are still interested in me. No date for the Skype interview but they want to chat early next year.

Anyone who works at TAG I would love to chat. PM me.

Fletner007
10th Dec 2015, 07:02
Hi everyone,

May I have an idea of the rostering on GEX fleet?

Thank you.

CaptainProp
10th Dec 2015, 12:32
Roster is as follows: you are either on duty, or off duty.

CP

Son of a Beech
23rd Jan 2016, 06:28
Hi everybody,

Can anybody shed some light on the TAG interview or PM me. Couldn't find any info on the last 3 pages.

Thanks,

SOAB

Global Av8tor
13th Mar 2017, 22:55
Ladies and Gents,
I may have an upcoming interview with Tag Aviation Asia in HK. Can anyone please give me any information on the interview process and do's and don't's? Thank you very much.

Son of a Beech
16th Mar 2017, 08:16
last year I did an interview with TAG.

A written exams. The first part of the written exams was mainly aimed at operational, everyday stuff. With experience from an airline or previous corporate flying and good knowledge of any EASA OM-A you'll have no problems with his one. Second part is more ATPL stuff and things you are perhaps not directly working with in your daily operations. A lot of Vspeeds and their relationships, legal requirements around choosing Vspeeds etc. Also some more straight fwd questions on landing and t/o distance requirements, wet runways, climb requirements etc etc.

Interview with a panel consisting of the Flight Ops manager and a HR ladies. General personal interview questions and some questions concerning my results on the written exams.

My sim ride was in a Hawker 400.

I had a copilot that was applying at the same time as my partner in the right seat. In the back a guy from Flight Safety running the sim and a third guy, training manager at the time, assessing me. I was told that I would have no major failures and that it was more about managing scenarios.

Having never flown the Hawker they were helpful with speeds, flap settings etc. "Ask for any info and we'll help you". Flight was from Gatwick to Southampton. All raw data. Weather in scenario was not the best so I made sure I used anti-ice and took standard winter precautions that I would normally do. Took off and had various turns to headings and level offs and step climbs from QNH to first FL. Remember to set 1013 straight away when cleared to first FL, it was pretty tight if I remember correctly....easy to forget when under pressure in sim with small step climbs. Then short transition between SID and STAR.

On approach passenger reports that there was smoke in the cabin (no cabin crew). Dealt with him with a short "we are landing soon". Declared emergency Asked for QRH. Was given a 5 minute holding and said i wanted to divert. I was then immediately given a heading for the ILS. Landed a few minutes later and the training manager asked me to stop on the runway and that was it. Did the same scenario one more time for the F/O

One thing I know is that they are putting great emphasis CRM and teamwork. Standard stuff, but I made sure I always asked for my sim partners opinion before taking final decision on pretty much everything.

I was told that they would not give me any feed back as such there and then but was told I had done well. About a week later I was informed I had passed and was put in the hold pool.

Out of pure curiosity, which type are you interviewing for?

flamingmoe
23rd Nov 2017, 08:16
How many days free of duty do you have in a month with Tag Asia, and has anyone ever attempted commuting from other parts of Asia e.g. Phuket?

oz_faf81
24th Nov 2017, 02:17
How many days free of duty do you have in a month with Tag Asia

None. TAG Asia offers only non commuting positions. There are no guaranteed days off per month.

Klimax
24th Nov 2017, 19:13
Until further, just about all the HKG based management companies are able to hold their grounds in not offering commuting, let alone rotation options. Let's see how much longer this lasts. The threat is that the best will leave HKG for better jobs "at home" (away from the air pollution!) and they'd be left with the cr@p that goes around, unable to attract new pilots.. It's a choice they'll soon have to make!

flamingmoe
24th Nov 2017, 22:26
So it's all stby? Or are you able do go do things outside of HK when "off duty"?

Klimax
25th Nov 2017, 16:56
Don't know specifically about Tag Asia, but in my experience, it's widely accepted that you go away within the region - say big city vacations, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand etc. Flight permits and airport slots at HKIA all adds to the limited possibility of a short notice.

flamingmoe
25th Nov 2017, 23:46
Thanks Klimax...I'm mainly exploring the possibility due to the high cost of housing in HK, so was wondering if it's possible to live an hour or two flight time away, or possibly Macau..doesn't seem like an option however.

Klimax
26th Nov 2017, 18:36
Thanks Klimax...I'm mainly exploring the possibility due to the high cost of housing in HK, so was wondering if it's possible to live an hour or two flight time away, or possibly Macau..doesn't seem like an option however.

I don't think that would be in line with the spirit of the management company "looking the other way" when browsing off on a regional trip. The housing, or salary inclusive of it, is intended for the client to have his crew in Hong Kong. There are know examples of pilots, where the client, accepts one of their pilots to live in say; Macau or Phuket, but most management companies in HKG will not advocate it - and it's usually when the client instructs the management company to accept it. In other words, I wouldn't plan on this a part of taking up a Hong Kong contract. Good luck.

globalexpress62
27th Nov 2017, 13:35
How many days free of duty do you have in a month with Tag Asia, and has anyone ever attempted commuting from other parts of Asia e.g. Phuket?

Zero days free of duty unless on annual leave. You get 28 days per year and you not permitted to be absent from Hong Kong unless on A/L

dirk85
27th Nov 2017, 13:52
Sounds like one hell of a job. Do you also get a black and white striped uniform?

globalexpress62
27th Nov 2017, 14:00
No we don't, but we get to say we work for"THE BEST AIRCRAFT MANAGEMENT COMPANY" in Asia

CL300
27th Nov 2017, 14:24
No we don't, but we get to say we work for"THE BEST AIRCRAFT MANAGEMENT COMPANY" in Asia

May I join ? :ok:

Klimax
28th Nov 2017, 10:48
Zero days free of duty unless on annual leave. You get 28 days per year and you not permitted to be absent from Hong Kong unless on A/L

or 35 days if you join Jet Aviation or 42 days at Sinojet. More days away from HKG also means healthier lungs. Good luck with the choice.