PDA

View Full Version : Reviews for ANA

Razoray
13th Oct 2009, 02:54
Can anyone tell me about the quality of ANA.:confused:

Load Toad
13th Oct 2009, 07:38
With respect to what <stupid smiley face thingy>?

joniveson
13th Oct 2009, 08:00
They are a great airline to fly with both domestically and internationally. I've used them many times for both long haul and domestic trips within Japan and never had a problem. Great service at every stage, comfortable cabins, free seat selection, very few delays and good IFE on the long haul flights.

They would definitely be my first choice to fly with.

Razoray
14th Oct 2009, 02:07
thanks, not you load toad!

:ok:

The Dominican
14th Oct 2009, 03:05
Best airline on the planet, but then again I'm a little bias:)

nicolai
17th Oct 2009, 16:16
I flew LHR-NRT return a couple of years ago with them in Economy. Pretty good all round. A 777 with a nice interior and reasonable IFE, uneventful ontime departure and arrival with no organisational troubles in evidence, reasonable food, good inflight service. It was altogether an impeccably organised and fairly pleasant experience. I utterly messed up the train journey to NRT and so missed the return flight; entirely my fault, and they quite reasonably (in my opinion) put me on the next day's flight for a GBP200 fare change fee (on a nominally nochange norefund max-discount ticket).
I'd fly them again.

Rusland 17
28th Oct 2009, 17:57
I just returned from a trip to Tokyo on ANA (economy class). Every aspect of the journey except one was outstanding - the check-in was quick, efficient and polite; the boarding was orderly; the selection of free reading materials was extraordinary; the interior of the aircraft was smart and spotlessly clean; the food was good; the IFE was excellent; the cabin crew really gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble.

However, the one negative aspect is a big one: the seats are narrow and the leg-room is the worst I have ever suffered (3-3-3 configuration on a 777-300). Luckily neither flight was full and so I was able to move quickly to an exit row seat as soon as the doors were closed; had I not been able to do this then the flights would have been completely unbearable. I would not fly ANA again simply because of this. And that's a shame, because in every other way they were simply excellent (and the cheapest on the route, too).

WHBM
29th Oct 2009, 10:13
However, the one negative aspect is a big one: the seats are narrow and the leg-room is the worst I have ever suffered (3-3-3 configuration on a 777-300)
3-3-3 is a standard configuration, along with the comparable 9-across 2-5-2, on all 777s around the world, and in fact some, like Emirates, put in an extra column and have 10-across.

Seating size is always comparative, and you must remember that the average Asian is shorter than the average European, in the same way that the average American is taller again. These are just facts of different geographies (and people's height is nothing to do with their lifestyles). You shopped for the cheapest seat, as you say, and pretty much got what you paid for.

I can remember once being with a much shorter, much slimmer fellow passenger seated next to me Transatlantic in economy, I was fine, as always, but she bumped around and wriggled the whole trip, and went on about "sardine class". It's all comparative.

Rusland 17
29th Oct 2009, 13:37
You shopped for the cheapest seat, as you say, and pretty much got what you paid for.No, that's not at all what I said. In fact, my criteria for selecting an airline for this trip were "a direct flight from London to Tokyo with convenient departure and arrival times in each direction". It just so happened that an airline that offered me a convenient schedule was also the cheapest.

But that's besides the point, as are your observations that Asians are shorter than Europeans. I am merely offering an opinion that the seat pitch on a particular airline was such that it would dissuade me from travelling with that airline again. I don't know what the "official" seat pitch of ANA Y-class is, but on these flights it was definitely less than I have recently experienced on Thai, BA and Sri Lankan.

joniveson
29th Oct 2009, 13:58
I've only ever flown on their 777s on domestic routes but always thought they were fine and compared favourably to Air France's long haul ones, for example.

One thing I really like about ANA is that you can preselect your seat on their website at no extra charge from the time of booking so on long haul trips it's often possible to ensure you've got an exit row seat.

Rusland 17
30th Oct 2009, 04:44
One thing I really like about ANA is that you can preselect your seat on their website at no extra charge from the time of booking so on long haul trips it's often possible to ensure you've got an exit row seat.That's a great feature of ANA's booking system.

But, strangely, when I booked this flight (it was close to last minute) it was showing almost every seat as full whereas when the doors were closed the economy cabin was probably 25% empty, including some of the prized exit and bulkhead row seats. Either a lot of passengers did not turn up, or a lot of seats were kept from the booking engine for some reason.

I also noticed that on each leg of the journey the window seats in the exit rows were occupied by tour group leaders, whose passengers were seated elsewhere in the plane, which makes me think that those seats are held back for such passengers.

Eboy
1st Nov 2009, 21:01
Another vote for ANA. I was in ANA's economy section once. I am tall. I did OK, but I had to get up and stand for a while. I didn't think it was worse than United's cheapest seats between the US and Japan.