PDA

View Full Version : flying with onur airlines?

familyoffive
12th Oct 2009, 12:46
hello,i,m newish to pprune posting but a long term lurker so please be gentle even if you think my question is silly.
after readind a fair amount about onur airlines which seems to be very negitive and based on events a couple of years ago;could anyone recommend flying with them safely?
i am a very nervous and increasingly so with age flyer but after joining this website am so much reassured and trust you will be honest and not sensationist.
am not bothered about lack of entertainment or extras you get with brand name airlines but just getting to our longed for holiday safely.
many thanks

Rusland 17
12th Oct 2009, 15:59
To be honest, safety is the one thing you should never be concerned about when flying from the UK (or anywhere else in the EU). If your only concern is to arrive in one piece, regardless of the level of inflight service or comfort, than it really doesn't matter who you fly with.

familyoffive
12th Oct 2009, 19:51
thanks for your response,its very reassuring after trawling through the tripadvisor/holiday reviews forums!

RoyHudd
12th Oct 2009, 21:33
I'm afraid Rusland 17 is clueless. Please ignore his contribution. Airline safety statistics as well as national safety databases demonstrate that certain nations and certain airlines are far safer than others. As for Turkish data, just see for yourself. The flag carrier has a poor safety record, and the number of accidents within Turkish airspace is relatively high. No surprises there. Although Turkey is not EU.

IRISHPILOT
13th Oct 2009, 07:24
RH is spot on.

familyoffive
13th Oct 2009, 20:19
thanks for your honesty, i appreciate it and will look elsewhere for a good deal!