PDA

View Full Version : IFR Radio Phraseology

HappyBandit
12th Oct 2009, 00:28
Guys

Is there any website etc that provides IFR radio phraseologies. Have a mate of mine doing an assignment on this topic. I have directed him towards the AIP however his comment, and a valid one too, is that he doesn't consider the pilots response in a lot of the scenarios. Would be interested to hear if there is a source that is better than the AIP....wouldnt be hard I wouldn't imagine! :ok:

biggles7374
12th Oct 2009, 00:46
Not aware of anything in Aus, but in the UK they have a CAP 413 which is an excellent reference document that in Chapter 10 has typical flights and the RT involved in a well presented scenario based manner.

IF radio work is not the same here as in the UK but for obvious reasons is extremely similar.

www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP413.PDF

Wally Mk2
12th Oct 2009, 02:25
'HB' going back some 30 or so years ago I bought a VHF scanner to try to get my head around the R/T phrases & that helped me heaps. Today I wouldn't suggest that as most of the R/T comms are non std, ATC as well with the "silver jet seat shiners" the worst:} You won't perfect it as the regs/rules don't allow for contingencies that exist in the real world but the rule books are a good basis in which to start with:-)

Wmk2