PDA

View Full Version : Bases With Ryanair

daraireland
11th Oct 2009, 10:50
Hey,

Anybody with the latest on Base locations for new or future FO?
I would like DUB,ORK or SNN naturally but im wondering 1.) are they full and 2.) where else would I be based.

I know I should expect to based where I am needed and told, but just curious on the situation in Ireland regarding FR openings.

TY
DI

IrishJetdriver
11th Oct 2009, 13:25
UK and Ireland are not expanding so probably unlikely but you never know. An Italian phrase book may however be useful.

Callsign Kilo
12th Oct 2009, 18:39
I would forget the likes of DUB & SNN as both are going to get capacity hammerings this winter. Already a number of crew who have be granted transfers to the likes of MAD, OPO and a variety of Italian bases. Things may change when the summer schedule arrives for 2010, however until then keep your options open. Spain, Portugal and Italy are the flavours of the month

Mikehotel152
12th Oct 2009, 21:02
I suppose there are worse things than being based in the Med...:)

I was told that you are likely to commence your line training at the base where you are to be posted when it is complete. Is that the case? Ergo, if line training is still taking place at Stansted, does it not follow that one might be based there? :confused:

Callsign Kilo
12th Oct 2009, 21:22
No, has never been the case. Line training is based on the availabilty of LTCs. The training department has a list of cadets and a list of training captains. You go where there is a training captain. Probability suggests that this will likely be STN, DUB, HHN etc due to their size. However there are trainers scattered throughout the network. When you complete line training you get a call from a lovely lady at STN who fixes you up with your base. And that's all down to operational requirements (which can change on an hourly basis at FR) It has nothing to do with where you trained and even less to do with where you may want to be based! Base allocation is a bit like the lottery, you pay your money, you take your chances, but the odds are mostly against you. Still, it's all good sport!

Mikehotel152
12th Oct 2009, 21:33
Thanks for clarifying that.

I don't really mind where I get based. Stansted would be ideal for me for line training and as a permanent base but I've long accepted (and in many ways looked forward to) the likelihood that I shall be experiencing life in a Southern European country.

What chance a UK base other than Stansted?

Callsign Kilo
13th Oct 2009, 16:06
What chance a UK base other than Stansted?

Every chance or no chance. Depends on your luck. That's how the system works. As I say, keep your options open when it comes to bases. Plenty of people are in the same boat as you.